1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'10 Commander key fob/alarm problem

Discussion in 'Other Jeep Vehicles' started by Spcleger, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Aug 31, 2019 at 12:53 PM
    Spcleger

Spcleger [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey all im not sure if this has been posted or not, sorry if it has. Been having issues with my key fobs for a while now. At first I thought it was just the battery(fob) but I replaced it and still nothing. Popped the new battery in my spare fob and again nothing. I've been manually unlocking with the key itself for a while now and realized recently that my alarm doesn't work at all. I've heard that if you use the key to unlock you can have problems with the alarm going off. I've tried a few ways to get the alarm to go off just to see and nothing. I feel like it all has to be related since the time frames match up. The Jeep's battery has been replaced since this started so I know there's plenty of juice. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Aug 31, 2019 at 2:38 PM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    not much help - will need to scan for codes, a professional scanner is likely needed as the codes are likely B series.

None of the FOB's work?

3. Sep 1, 2019 at 5:26 AM
    Spcleger

Spcleger [OP] New Member

Member:
    Nope neither fob works. I'm thinking maybe it's the wireless control module, feel like that's the only thing that makes sense. Which sucks because I'd have to go to the dealer to get it programmed

4. Sep 1, 2019 at 7:23 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    The dealer is your friend, he supports all the options we cannot live without. Somewhat like the apple store and apple genius for a telephone.

Sorry not much can do without a scanner, and not the inexpensive type either.

To Top