1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1993 XJ internal slave issue

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Prerunner1982, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sep 4, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    Wednesday, my clutch pedal got soft and I barely made it home. No leaks, no loss of fluid. Everything clutch related is new except for the master cylinder and line.

Sunday I replaced the master cylinder, bled the system, went 20 yards or so and blew the brand new slave cylinder that had less than 150 miles on it.

When I removed the slave it was stuck cockeyed. When I compressed the slave by hand it popped and went back straight.

What happened here?
    It almost seems like the straps that keep the unit compressed during installation didn't release at the same time and caused it to bind, however it worked fine for 3 days.

2. Sep 4, 2018 at 10:28 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    Just called Luk (clutch company) and at first they said I needed a new flywheel, however I replaced it with one of theirs when I did the clutch.
    He said the issue is the slave over extended and the only other thing that would cause that would be too much crank shaft end play. :(:annoyed:

To Top