1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 DOWN SHIFTING

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by MARLIN60, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Nov 10, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    MARLIN60

MARLIN60 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I'm glad you replied. I wiped my HDD, and wasn't able to save everything, including ALL my bookmarks :( I could not remember site name, nor could i find it online. I was just in the middle of trying to recover my bookmarks, when your email arrived. I did find some recalls, for the '06, but not for ESM. Anyway, all went well. They replaced ESM, it is working now, and hope it continues. It's hard for me to grasp an electronic part failing, then begin to work, then fail again? I've always been of the belief, that electronic parts FAIL, they do not intermittently work/fail? They also didn't mention, or ask for, a dime. They did it all for free :)

C2T likes this.
  2. Nov 14, 2016 at 8:25 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    There are a type of recall where they do not announce but they take care of specific issues when they pop up. I think this was one of those. that is the only thing that seems to make sense where they did not charge you anything. Either way...glad it is working now.

3. Nov 14, 2016 at 8:50 PM
    MARLIN60

MARLIN60 [OP] Active Member

Member:

Well, i have no way of knowing whether or not it was that, or they just felt it was their responsibility, as it was basically like that from day one, or they just want my return business. Either way, to keep ME on THEIR good side, i had 2 big pizza trays, delivered to them the next day :)

C2T[QUOTED] likes this.
To Top