1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Grand Cherokee Transmission R&R

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by TinyInkognegroT, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Oct 1, 2019 at 4:16 PM
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L AWD
    PHOTO_20190926_190908.jpg PHOTO_20190926_191311.jpg So my uncle has come to the conclusion that we should remove and replace the transmission, along with the torque converter. But before we jump to the removal of the transmission, can we take a look at this driveshaft real quick? When I removed it at first I didn't notice that the CV end was broke. When I went out and took a second look at the transfer case the top of the CV end was still inside of the transfer case and I had to pry it out. I noticed in another thread of mine that someone had mentioned that the newer model of Grand Cherokee we're different from the older model of Grand Cherokee as far as the ability to drive without the front drive shaft... Is this true?

If so, then the front drive shaft being broken could be a high possibility of the 2006 Grand Cherokee problem not moving. Just asking to make sure in case that's the fix and not waiting until we drop the transmission to figure it out... I'll do whatever to fix it but I work during the week and if there's a smaller problem then I don't want to go and do a lot of work to find it... The less on me the better right now

To Top