1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Transmission Removal

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by TinyInkognegroT, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Oct 30, 2019 at 3:12 PM
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L AWD
    So my uncle gave me a deal I couldn't refuse... He told me if I drop and install my mom's transmission in her 2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo, he would relieve me of the rest of my $350 payment for my Jeep.

So, now I'm ready to drop her transmission, can anybody give me a tutorial dropping the transmission from a 2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo?

2. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:54 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Whatever you do get the vehicle high enough off the ground on level ground and most importantly with safety in mind. Buy, borrow, steal HD jack stands, HD hydraulic jack, trans jack, ETC. Obstacles will be exhaust pipes, transfer case, drive shaft(s), linkages, wires, crossmember, ETC. General reinstallation is the opposite of removal. The cold season is approaching.....

TinyInkognegroT[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 31, 2019 at 6:03 AM
    TinyInkognegroT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I know here in Tulsa Oklahoma it's already lower thirties and high twenties. If I have to, I'll pay to have it towed to my grandpa's and put it in his garage and do it there.

4. Oct 31, 2019 at 11:47 AM
    TinyInkognegroT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    About how long you think it could take? I don't need to drop it all at once, I can take it day by day. Should I start with the lines and connections, then the next day work on the exhaust, then another day work on mounts and bellhousing bolts? Or is there another route I should take?

5. Oct 31, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    The rusty exhaust bolts could be challenging to loosen or just snap. Might want to spray the bolts a few days ahead of the project. Depending on the age + condition of the exhaust system some parts may break during removal.

To Top