1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Compass Front Shocks/Struts

Discussion in 'Compass' started by mundomotrizhyc, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Jun 3, 2024 at 9:45 PM
    mundomotrizhyc

mundomotrizhyc [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello all! I'm new here. I actually live in Costa Rica and have a small import company that specializes in special parts orders. I had a Jeep owner contact me to order both front shocks/struts without the coil. I went on rockauto and placed the order and when the parts got here the mechanic took out the old ones and compared them only to find the new ones two inches shorter than the old ones. The length of the strut itself is identical, it is the shock shaft that is shorter on the new ones. I have searched online to find there is very little information, I find a reference to Euro suspension but the specs for extended length on those seem same as the one's I got off Rockauto and same as the OEM number that I find on an online catalogue. The VIN is 1J4AT4FB1BD241079. Parts I ordered off rockauto are FCS 333508R and (L). Does anybody have any experience with this?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to order wrong parts again!

Products Discussed in

To Top