1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 JKU...35's without rubbing?

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by PoorboyCookers, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Nov 30, 2017 at 2:32 PM
    boondoc89

boondoc89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    Vehicle:
    08 JKU
    3 inch zone lift. Fox 2.0 shocks. 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. Bushwacker flat fenders. No name steel bumpers front and back for now.
    Hopefully you consider a regear in the near future if your going to 37's. I borrowed my buddies set one day just to see if they fit and didn't rub. While I do have 4.56's it seemed a little more sluggish than what I had expected. I'm actually saving up the money to get another regear and go with 4.88's that way I can run both 35's for the daily and slap my 37's on for the trails.

JKBob 25[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Nov 30, 2017 at 4:57 PM
    Offroad798

Offroad798 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    fenders, bumpers, winch, inner fenders, cb, headliner storage, oil pan armor
    Welcome to the forum. Better late then never. Been at Disney word for the past week. Lots of great advice above. (IMO) The only other thing I can think of is as the rim size goes up the sidewall decreases on the tire. This is good if you own a sports car but not so good for off roading. There isnt a big difference between 17 and 18 but there are trade off in cost factors, handling (airing down tires) etc. I think this is a debate that will go on forever. Off roading always have larger sidewalls and smaller rims compared to sport cars have larger rims smaller sidewalls generally. All I can tell you is look at other 4x4. I would agree with boondoc89 and stay with 17s. Good luck.

3. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Definitely going to regear at some point. But I am going with the 35s in the near future. Just going to recal the tranny for the time being when I get them.

4. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    boondoc89

boondoc89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    Vehicle:
    08 JKU
    3 inch zone lift. Fox 2.0 shocks. 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. Bushwacker flat fenders. No name steel bumpers front and back for now.
    :thumbsup: even with 4.56's I feel like my rig is lacking in the power department 3.8L :puke:. Even tho I'm planning on another regear I'm seriously considering doing a turbo diesel swap. I'm just getting into looking around at my options but it seems like it would make a huge improvement on fuel economy and in the torque and horsepower department's.

JKBob 25[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top