1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 Cherokee brake bracket torque to yield bolts

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Gripster, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Jan 4, 2020 at 11:26 AM
    Gripster

Gripster [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Hi, I will be doing a rotor/pad change on a 2015 Cherokee. I read about the one-use-only caliper bracket bolts on your forum - thanks! Purchased the bolts at the local dealer. I cannot find the torque/tightening sequence for these bolts. Does anyone know the correct procedure? Do they get tightened to a specific torque value? After they are torqued, must they be rotated more (90 degrees etc.)? I appreciate any help I can get.

2. Jan 4, 2020 at 8:27 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Gripster ....i don't own a '15 Cherokee but confirm the following internet info with the factory service manual or FCA parts department: front caliper bracket is 129 ft/lbs and the rear caliper is 89 ft/lbs. The caliper guide pins are 32 ft/lb

Post what you find to help other 2015 Cherokee owners

chris4x4 likes this.
  3. Jan 5, 2020 at 10:36 AM
    Gripster

Gripster [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Hi aggrex, Thanks for the welcome and the torque info. The dealer no longer sells factory service manuals, but recommended tech authority for CD or USB. I didn't think to ask the parts dept. I will call them tomorrow. When I get documented info, I will post to the group. Thanks again, Gary

4. Jan 5, 2020 at 1:41 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    The torque-to-yield bolts use a predetermined torque value that stretches the bolt designed to hold more reliably thus they should not be reused. I never had problems with regular bolts but this is becoming more common.

5. Jan 19, 2020 at 9:21 AM
    Gripster

Gripster [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Hello all, The torque settings supplied by aggrex were correct, thanks! I verified them using Identifix, an online service used by mechanics for a monthly fee. Front brake caliper bracket bolts 129 ft/lb. (Mopar #6510023AA) These require an E20 socket for removal/installation. Rear brake caliper bracket bolts 89 ft/lb. (Mopar #6510450AA) These require a T55 torx bit for removal/installation. The caliper mounting bolts 32 ft/lb These are reusable metric hex bolts.
    Some manufacturers require additional degrees of rotation for the torque-to-yield bolts after the initial torque is reached. I could not find any info for additional rotation required for the brake bolts. If anyone has additional info for these bolts, please post your findings. Thanks!

aggrex likes this.
To Top