1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2016 Latitude turning to junk before my eyes!

Discussion in 'Compass' started by SwaMan, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Dec 11, 2022 at 10:17 AM
    SwaMan

SwaMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle:
    2016 Compass High Latitude.
    Hi all! Thanks for adding me to the group!
    First, let me fill you in on a few AMAZING details about our Compass High Latitude purchase!
    My son bought this car before I had a chance to caution him, from 'Auto Outlets USA in Victor, NY.:smack: Had I known, he never would have ever heard of this place.....might as well say "JUNK" right in its name!
    Anyway, with NO WARRENTEE except "Well, we don't do warrantees, but if anything happens, we'll take care of ya", here we are.
    In 5 months, I have replaced: stabilizer links, 2 thermostats, water pump, inner and outer ball joints, lower control arms, front struts and a blend door actuator! Current problems we're facing: Bluetooth failure.
    In snow (which is why he bought AWD/4WD) the traction control system goes bonkers, and the car will not stay in 4WD! While he was stuck on a hill in 3" of snow, he was passed by another Compass!
    I just yesterday replaced the front struts with quick struts, and driving the car sounds and feels like the front wheels are being ripped off! When accelerating quickly, the traction control lamp comes on and off and on etc. I hear spring (tensioning) noises, the front-end shakes and vibrates, and sounds like the tires are rubbing something. I returned home quickly and inspected everything I touched during the replacement (which was NOT my first strut job) and everything looks fine.
    My boy, who just started a new job 35 miles from home, and is watching the winter weather roll in, REALLY needs your help! Any and all advice will be gratefully appreciated!
    Please don't say "get rid of it quickly". He owns $16K on it and the KBB value is $7400.:ballchain:
    THANKS ALL!!
    Frank

2. Dec 11, 2022 at 12:37 PM
    MTgeezer

MTgeezer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    55 CJ 3B
    441 sbc/AGEM22W/"Super"D18/D44s-ARBs-Dutchman
    That's a lot of replacement parts on a 6 year old rig but I don't see where you posted anything about mileage. As for your last sentence, you may indeed just have to cut your losses and send it off to be someone else's problem. There is a reason (ok bunches of reasons) why Jeep brand ends up last on most reliability ratings and my JKUR we bought new has not been an exception. My personal opinion of the present jeep brand is if you are not actually buying something you plan to off road, just about every new vehicle from any other manufacture will be a far better choice. Another case of fiatitis or stellantitis. No vaccine available yet.

SwaMan[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top