1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 Cherokee Limited won't start sentry light stays illuminated

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by IKepp, May 8, 2021.

1. May 8, 2021 at 1:23 PM
    IKepp

IKepp [OP] New Member

Member:
    TLDR version
    Looking for two pieces of info:
    1)How do I reset a security system on a 2017 Cherokee Limited
    2) would someone provide a pick of their relays in the fuse box so I can make sure mine are oriented correctly after fiddling with them.

Full Story:
    Looking for some help with an issue I'm having with my 2017 Cherokee Limited.
    I went to start it one day and it wouldn't start. It's been sitting for longs periods so I assumed it was the battery.
    Replaced the battery with a brand new one and it still wouldn't start.
    Also checked the fuses in the electrical box and didn't see any blown ones.
    No codes coming back from my obd2 reader.
    I noticed that the little red security light stays lit so I'm thinking the security system has locked me out.
    Occasionally, I get a fob not detected message so I changed the batteries in both fobs with no luck.
    I tried a couple reset things I saw on the internet, like locking doors manually and using actual key on Fob to open door but no luck.
    While messing around in the electrical box checking for burnt fuses I removed some relays and forgot to take a pic before I did it, so now I'm also concerned I may have flipped some relays the wrong way.
    Looking for someone with the same year/make to send me a picture of their electrical box so I can verify the orientation of my relays.
    Attaching a picture of my current electrical box layout.
    Thanks.

IMG_4616.jpg

To Top