1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 gps/dash crash

Discussion in 'Renegade' started by Saii, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Aug 14, 2020 at 11:47 PM
    Saii

Saii [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dwayne
    Vehicle:
    Black renagade latitude
    Oem
    Ok I hope a representative of jeep is seeing this, first I want to say I love my jeep. Since I bought my renagade Iv had in (my eyes) a serious problem. With the new version Android with the latest operating system when you connect it to u- connect for GPS mapping and you receive a call on the same phone it will lock the screen on the GPS and dash preventing you from knowing your fuel or any other critical information like your speed. If your wondering if I took it in for service, I have twice with a video of the error....my fix was I was told to ditch the Android and get an i-phone since Android isn't to compatable with the system and I had to pay 143.00 for them to tell me this, is a new jeep with bumper to bumper warranty. Why the heck would such a well renowned company do such a bone head thing like that. The onboard gps was far better than this cellphone junk. I feel this is a huge safety issue since I can't tell my speed unless I pull over and restart the jeep to reboot the system and unplug my cell. 3 different cell phones and the same problem. I told my dealer if I get a ticket I hold them responsible. And jeep i owned 5 new jeeps in the last 25 years, if this is the trail your going down it will be my last. Again I hope jeep monitors this forum since I can't get anyone on the phone

2. Aug 15, 2020 at 12:52 AM
    LYFZGOOD

LYFZGOOD members

Member:
    Wv
    Vehicle:
    1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    2.5” lift 32x11.50x15,cold air intake, Smittybuilt stainless steel Bumpers, rough county pocket flares,Rugged ridge seat covers and floor mats. Conversion LED headlights 20’ LED Light bar hardtop,soft top,bikini top.
    Idk the answer to ur problem but if it’s a new jeep with bumper to bumper warranty why would you pay $143 for them to diagnose this problem? This is where we would had a problem I would’ve raised holy He_ _ when they told me that I agree I would not get another cell phone just because of the problem of their vehicle I would think it would be compatible for the cell phone you use.
    How long have you had this renegade? How many miles? I’m asking because I would be making a trip back to the show room floor.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    aggrex likes this.
  3. Aug 19, 2020 at 5:00 PM
    Saii

Saii [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dwayne
    Vehicle:
    Black renagade latitude
    Oem
    The renagade has less than 4000 on it ...owned it for 2 months and I am raising holy heck over the 143.00. we have an iPhone in the family so I won't need to buy one to test there theory but this is a serious safety concern so something has to be done, if every gage and needle drops to zero when useing the GPS you don't know your speed, temp or fuel. I'm fortunate enough to have friends who know the owner of my jeep dealership and Im haveing a lunch in with him Friday

To Top