1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265 or 285 winter tires for my WK2?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TonyG829, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Oct 26, 2018 at 12:11 PM
    TonyG829

TonyG829 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2011 Grand Cherokee Linited wk2
    Looking through the specifics it doesn’t look like my wk2 is specified as a model that this forum covers but I will ask anyway!!!

I am looking to get some new all-terrain tires that will be good in the snow and after winter good on the highway as well as some light off-roading. Currently I have 245/70 R17 was wondering if a 265 or even 285 would fit on my Jeep without modifications? Any advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

2. Oct 26, 2018 at 12:27 PM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    Welcome Tony.
    I am not as familiar with the Grands or the WK2 in particular but it looks like the 265s may work but will be a tight fit, 285s may require a small lift.
    I have read good things about the Falken Wildpeak AT3w tires as far as slick roads are concerned and they will likely be my next set of new tires.

3. Oct 26, 2018 at 6:35 PM
    boondoc89

boondoc89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    Vehicle:
    08 JKU
    3 inch zone lift. Fox 2.0 shocks. 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. Bushwacker flat fenders. No name steel bumpers front and back for now.
    Nitto Ridge grapplers. They are awesome tires. I got them on my jeep and they are so quiet and smooth riding. I'm gonna get a set for my tundra when the time comes. They are just an all around perfect tire for everything. Snow, mud, trails, you name it. I've had them on my rig for about 25,000 miles and they still look brand spankin new. Even after being off road hundreds of times. They are on the pricey side but you get what you pay for these days

JKBob 25 likes this.
  4. Oct 27, 2018 at 2:58 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome! Compared to the OEM 245s the 265s will add an inch in overall diameter assuming you're keeping the 17" wheels. 285s will add nearly 2" which will probably make contact.

JKBob 25 likes this.
To Top