1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

42 RLE Trans issue

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by Notsoslow, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Jul 2, 2022 at 4:05 AM
    Notsoslow

Notsoslow [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Nothing at all!
    I just inherited this Jeep from a family member.

2003 Wrangler Sahara 4.0 automatic with a build date of February 2003. 61,000 miles on it.

It seems to be stuck in second gear(limp mode). Check engine light is on. Codes thrown are P0720(output speed sensor circuit), P0715(InputTurbine speed sensor “A” circuit), and P0725(Engine speed Input Circuit).

My uncle ordered a replacement TCM as instructed by his mechanic. The mechanic installed it, no change. So they reinstalled the original one prior to shipping the vehicle to me.
    He questioned wether or not the new TCM needed to be programmed or not. Mechanic said not however others he called said it should have been. Anyone know?

I’ve checked the fluid level and it just below full. No noticeable leaks on transmission or garage floor.

I’ve ordered a Mopar transmission filter and ATF+4 fluid to be prepared to complete that service while I’m working on it.

many thoughts of what’s going wrong to put it in limp mode? It drove perfectly until this happened.

To Top