1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 tire rotation for directional tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by HardHat420, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Dec 10, 2017 at 3:53 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Ok I can roll with that but I have other reservations with tire service in general: over torqued lugnuts discovered on the road or trail, wheel finish damage from air gun jocks or from hammered on wheel weights, cross-threaded lug installation discovered on the road or trail, 5 tire rotation done their way or not done at all or in parts, bead damage from rookie installer, etc. These are just some of my concerns I have either read or experienced and as with any service....ymmv. For best results use a shop you trust, chalk mark your tires to ensure rotation and check the lug torque.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  2. Dec 10, 2017 at 3:59 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Wow can't wait for you to open up that shop! Got several on my bucket list or finding a reputable shop for regearing or lift kit install, etc.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  3. Dec 10, 2017 at 7:07 AM
    HardHat420

HardHat420 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 jku sport
    What do you guys think of this method?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But this system may minimize the dis/mount when rotating tires to just one instead of two.

Using the first image I would start with 3 right tires, including the spare. The only dis/mount at this time would be the front passenger tire. This leaves me with 3 left tires.

With 3 left tires, using the second image all the tires are rotated in uniform while, again, dis/mounting only 1 tire. Additionally this results in 3 right tires again to restart the cycle.

That was actually harder to think of and I'm off to a nap now.

If this method works I will call it the dirty Sanchez method: Rear and 4 wheel drive vehicles with full size matching spare and directional tires.

Or any idea for a good name from you guys?

Screenshot_20171210-075801.jpg
    Screenshot_20171210-075812.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  4. Dec 10, 2017 at 8:29 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    More power to ya! What brand of directional ya running and size?

5. Dec 10, 2017 at 8:34 AM
    HardHat420

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 jku sport
    Maxxis Trepador 35x1250r15

6. Dec 10, 2017 at 7:28 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    If you bought directionals from discount, somewhere on your receipt it says free lifetime balance and rotation. Whenever you feel like your tires are off they balance for free. It also helps if you find a salesman you like and always go back to him. we have over 100 stores in the Houston area. I have followed my salesman to more than 7 stores in the last 10 Years (he fixes stores in trouble). Over the years we have developed a good friendship. I also buy lots of tires and he has always done me right.

7. Dec 11, 2017 at 4:04 AM
    HardHat420

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 jku sport
    Yes I've purchased tires there and have followed my sales rep to two stores.

The fee is not for the rotation but for the mount and dismount and at the time we assumed we had to dis/mount two tires.

If the dirty Sanchez method works then it should only be $10-15.

To Top