1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50" Auxbeam wiring (without roof holes!)

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Daikaiju_Sadism, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Apr 26, 2018 at 2:14 PM
    Daikaiju_Sadism

Daikaiju_Sadism [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2001 Cherokee Limited
    3" Rough Country Lift, 50" Curved Auxbeam light bar, Chrome package light housings
    Hey all, for anyone looking to save their XJs from holes in the roof, I've decided to post a thread-tutorial for wiring a 50" curved Auxbeam light bar into an 01 XJ through the interior paneling.

Auxbeam1.jpg
    The most you'll have to sacrifice is a notch off the top panel and a small hole in the driver's side weather stripping to allow the wire from the light bar inside the paneling and to squeeze down the windshield pillars. The wiring kit that came with the Auxbeam light bar came in one piece with switch connected. Wire both sides separately. i.e the wire that runs from the light bar (I will refer to this as the Primary wire), and the other half of the harness wired from the battery and through the firewall into the cabin ( I will refer to as the secondary wire).
    Auxbeam2.jpg
    With the light bar previously mounted in place, the primary wire (From the light bar) will travel inside and down the Windshield pillar paneling to connect with the secondary wire (from the firewall that leads to the relay and the battery).
    Auxbeam3.jpg
    Auxbeam5.jpg
    Likewise once the bottom half of the harness (secondary wire) has been hooked to the battery, routed around the engine compartment, and pushed through the firewall...
    Auxbeam11.jpg
    and inside the cabin...
    Auxbeam10.jpg
    The secondary wire will be pushed into the panel just behind the hood latch, you'll likely want to unscrew the side paneling a little to avoid cracking it when maneuvering the wire inside.
    Auxbeam9.jpg
    The secondary wire will be routed up the paneling from the hood latch, into the slim paneling that leads up to the window pillars.
    Auxbeam8.jpg
    And in the middle we meet with our primary and secondary wire ready to crimp or solder together and tuck back into the paneling
    Auxbeam6.jpg
    Afterwards test the friction on the wire received from the door upon closing. Ensure the wire is securely molded against the frame of the door if resistance is noted.
    Auxbeam12.jpg
    After wiring is complete your light bar harness should have a (nearly) seamless look. Hey, no roof holes!

I know this style of wiring must be obvious to some, but I thought I'd throw this out on the forums for good measure. Why not.

aggrex and chris4x4 like this.
  2. Apr 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Good info! Welcome aboard!

3. Apr 26, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome! Nice write up with pics.

To Top