1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

95 Jeep engine swap HELP!!

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Jgbatista, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 8:39 AM
    Jgbatista

Jgbatista [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    95 Cherokee
    Sport 4x4
    Hey so I just bought a 95 Cherokee sport 4x4 and I want to do an engine swap on it. The current engine has def seen better days, previous owner abused it and I wanna replace the whole thing engine n transmission for something more reliable and with power. Saw that an LS will fit so I’m pretty much looking for a great mechanic in the dc md va area who can help me with this build. Wether that’s me buying a replacement engine online or thru a shop. If anyone knows of anyone or if you are a mechanic please hit me up ASAP looking to start soon.

2. Sep 11, 2019 at 7:44 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    2" Superlift kit. 315/ 70/17.
    Welcome to the forum @Jgbatista . I'd call a local shop. How much cash you looking to spend? A good shop can get you a remaned Jasper motor. Gonna cost ya bottom line. Motor and labor. You just need to weigh out your options. And how deep your pockets are. Welcome :jeepwave:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Jgbatista [OP] and aggrex like this.
  3. Sep 11, 2019 at 9:10 PM
    Jgbatista

Jgbatista [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    95 Cherokee
    Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the response yea I’ve contacted a few shops already ... looking to stay at 6k or less if possible I’ve found some great looking motors online with warranty but I don’t own a garage nor have the skills to do it so hopefully one of the shops I contacted hits me back with a decent price. I’m trying to stay at 13k total for the whole build ... interior imma leave stock but fendor flares/ bash bar/ lifting kit/ paint lol I have my work cut out for me and have to push that OT at work hahaha

4. Sep 12, 2019 at 3:31 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    KISS
    As you are not comfortable, skilled or equiped to do this yourself KISS - replace with a 4.0L jeep engine. That engine is a fantastic dependable long life engine, one of the best designs ever.

Look at 'jasper' engines - they can supply engine have installers ready to go - that Va Dc Md is a large market, the search should get results....

PS jasper warranty's their eng and install... OK don't want the jasper engine you now have a list of installers and a phone call will get answers.

To Top