1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS & Traction Lights

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by Chitreano, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Jun 8, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    Chitreano

Chitreano [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    None
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. As of 6-8-2020 it has 33K miles. My wife's vehicle so it is babied & no mods. About 15k miles ago, the right speed sensor went out and lit up the dash lights. This was intermittent & during the winter so I considered it weather related until warmer weather when it became constant. Fixed it. Now, 15k later, the brake control module is throwing speed sensor error messages & ABS traction control issues with the left front and rear brakes as well as the ABS control module itself. This is an ongoing issue with this vehicle which according to the parts store worker who gave me the computer error code data, is common with mail carrier jeeps etc. This is the first new Jeep I have ever bought and the persistent issue with the brakes is causing me to consider moving on to another maker. Jeep/Chrysler should do a recall. I have read dozens of similar or identical complaints which would most likely represent thousands of Jeep customers. I am trading this thing off if I can convince my wife.

2. Jun 8, 2020 at 12:31 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Chitreano ...too bad about your troubles. Are you using quality replacement sensors? Post the codes you have obtained. I knew what I was getting into buying a Jeep in 2016 let alone an FCA vehicle. But my daily driver Jeep has been off-road through rocky + muddy terrain, navigated through deep water and has the trail stripes and bumps to show it. Knock on wood my Jeep has been good to me.

3. Jun 8, 2020 at 12:49 PM
    Chitreano

Chitreano [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    None
    Aggrex, thanks for the reply. I am in the process of getting the codes from the Jeep dealer. After the original issue, the sensors were replaced by the dealer so I assume they would be OEM.

Products Discussed in

To Top