1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accessing the fuse box in a 1995 YJ

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by USMC Lifer, May 19, 2019.

1. May 19, 2019 at 6:09 AM
    USMC Lifer

USMC Lifer [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    1995 YJ
    Pro Comp 3/5 in spring lift, new Novak AX15 5sp, SYE from Adams, All new brakes from Power Stop, All new front end parts ie. ball joint tie rode ends
    I need to work on or replace my under dash fuse box. I have a doner fuse box from a local yard. Problem is I am an old guy and removing the front seat and laying in the floor to work on it upside down is no longer an option. Anyone have a way to access it from the top? I heard that there is a way to lean the dash forward but only heard about that and do not recall where to find that info again. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

2. May 19, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Working upside down in confined space in nearly any vehicle can be challenging. Got any younger family members or friends that can follow directions? What's the problem with the current fuse box?

3. May 19, 2019 at 7:10 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    welcome to the forum :jeepwave: - replacing that is a project - especially with limited mobility (age) I am aware of that.... resident curmudgeon
    I have no help BUT if I find some ideas talking with friends later I will add them.

Wanted to say hey and let you know someone is trying to get a plan some ideas to you.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  4. May 19, 2019 at 8:24 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Just in case you get in the mood there are only 4 bolts holding down that drivers seat. Then shove the seat towards the back of the jeep so there's no heavy lifting. Something I might do before messing with the dash. Too bad your not nearby as I would help a fellow senior service member

JKBob 25 likes this.
  5. May 19, 2019 at 11:31 AM
    USMC Lifer

USMC Lifer [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    1995 YJ
    Pro Comp 3/5 in spring lift, new Novak AX15 5sp, SYE from Adams, All new brakes from Power Stop, All new front end parts ie. ball joint tie rode ends
    I do have a slightly younger family member but she is just slightly younger and as for following my directions..well.... I prefer to keep peace in the house.
    The current fuse box has some contacts that are no longer holding fast. Fuse for the blinker slides out so I lose turn indicators routinely and the AC / Heater fuse socket is burnt to a crisp and I cannot get a new fuse in it. If I can get the fuse box into a workable position I can replace contacts. Electrically speaking I also need to replace the turn signal switch and the ignition switch. Other than that there is always the rest of my list of to do's.

6. May 19, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    USMC Lifer

USMC Lifer [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    1995 YJ
    Thanks.

7. May 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    USMC Lifer

USMC Lifer [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    1995 YJ
    I did get into it once but paid for it after. Now I want to get at it form the top... maybe

8. May 19, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    Jim Beam

Jim Beam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle:
    1986 CJ7
    Fuel Injection, Dana 44s, T18, 4.10s w/lockers
    Another option would be to remove the dash of course, then work on it from the front seats. I did this on my CJ and set it up for an easier removal next time. Although I am sure the CJ would be a lot easier. There should be some videos on the net for it. Good Luck!

9. May 19, 2019 at 12:25 PM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    The lunch bunch had no easy ideas, they drink also and Sunday is an excuse.
    I looked in the OEM manuals, FYI this series Xj jeep manuals are the worst mickey mouse, frustrating, useless POS manual I have used..... it has me on this rant As if I need a reason to sample bourbon !!! the only thing missing is the crayola colors!!!!

I did look - I have to try and help, remove seat, make a platform level with jeep floor lots of pillows, take a nap see if it helps lying there with support..... :sorry:

JKBob 25 likes this.
To Top