1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone seen these HIDs on a jeep?

Discussion in 'General Jeep Discussion' started by HardHat420, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Aug 21, 2018 at 3:08 PM
    Billy1234

Billy1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    1997 XJ 2 door
    None yet
    My boss has these on his 66 bel air and they do work and look great I don’t think the lense are plastic at all. They look great and are bright. But gotta READ to see if they fit in the first place never but anything unless you know it fits.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  2. Aug 21, 2018 at 9:25 PM
    HardHat420

HardHat420 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 jku sport
    You know what, you're right. And I apologize. I should have waited to get to a computer to check the pdf instead of taking your word for it. I called you before you shipped them for two reasons. To change the bulbs if possible and to find out if they fit my jeep. You said the bulbs could not be changed and said yes, they will fit your jeep. And continued on about how many vehicles they fit.

As you stated, customers should look online and call with questions. I could not open the pdf, which is why i called with questions.

At the very top of the website it indicates they do fit jeeps. After making the purchase and before you shipped them I called to make sure they fit my jeep since I could not open the pdf on my phone. I just wanted to be sure before you shipped them out.

I spoke with you and took your word for it that they fit. You didn't ask what jeep, what year, which model, all you said was yes, they will fit if it's a 7" light.

This, coupled with the website stating 'jeep' at the top, I continued with the purchase feeling confident they would fit and believed you made a proper assessment of the customers needs and gave me honest and accurate info.

Only when I called you dissatisfied did you finally ask all the questions I should have been asked when I originally called, what year, what model, and you seemed to keep washing your hands with the pdf that I had said I could not open. Which is why I called you and trusted you would make a proper assessment of my needs and give me an honest answer.

I posted here to make a good review about your product. Not a bad one. I was excited to put them on and, deliberate or not, you misled me.

I also told you over the phone that I would make a review of my experience and you said do whatever you want and hung up on me rather than try to make things right.

And i was not knocking your product. In fact compared to the other brand I got for fog lights (both combined $900), yours seem to be of better quality. Although I'm not convinced the lense is glass as I'm not going to break it to find out. But I know what glass feels and sounds like and it does not feel like glass. It feels and sounds like plastic.

But plastic or not I would have been happy. Just wish you had made the proper assessment of my needs BEFORE you shipped them to me and not after the fact. I would have even considered modding my jeep just for your headlights if you had told me before you shipped them.

Instead you told me they would fit, and only after I called dissatisfied did you make a proper assessment and then referred me to your pdf, and hung up on me after I expressed being dissatisfied. I mean that's not cool at all.

I'm just saying if I had bought some headlights at autozone they would not be asking me what year my jeep is after I'm trying to return something that didn't fit.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    chris4x4 likes this.
  3. Aug 22, 2018 at 5:19 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    The
    Too bad about your HID experience. Shopping online has its positives and negatives. In my line of work the assessment and accuracy of information is of paramount importance. Hope you have a positive outcome.

4. Aug 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    I agree with Aggrex. If he told you they would fit, and dont, then I would think it's on them.

5. Aug 23, 2018 at 8:54 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Tundra Guy Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Will be mostly stock
  6. Oct 29, 2018 at 8:32 AM
    HardHat420

HardHat420 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 jku sport
    Let's see how hidupgrades backs up its warranty.

Will keep you guys posted.

chris4x4 likes this.
To Top