1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bedliner recommendation

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by The4x4Guys, May 5, 2019.

1. May 5, 2019 at 8:22 PM
    The4x4Guys

The4x4Guys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black JLUR
    Mopar 2" lift, 37" BFG KO2's, KMC Rockstar 17" wheels, JCR Offroad front and rear bumpers, WARN Zeon 10-S, CoolTech CB Radio Kit, Rock Slide Engineering step sliders, TeraFlex adjustable steering stabilizer, Rock Krawler adjustable track bars,Magnaflow dual tip black exhaust.
    Some if you may be following my build thread on my TJ as I"m getting ready to plan out the bedlining of the interior of my TJ, I'm wondering what specific product to use and would like to get some opinions (and photos if you have them).

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to spray it versus roll it on. I've seen products on Amazon that come with cans of bedliner, a can of hardener that gets mixed in and a spray gun that attaches to each can to spray it out.

I've also seen rattle cans of bedliner, which while less expensive and less messy from a mixing point of view cause me some concern on the quality of the products.

So I'm looking for some input on brands and methods, also one coat or two, and how much of the vehicle did you mask off before spraying?

Thanks

Bob

2. May 6, 2019 at 6:04 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    Am I wrong, you sell jeep parts? ask your suppliers for samples of products this is a great opportunity to amass 'hands on' reviews for your sales.
    tail gate xyz product
    floor x&y product
    sides omg product

TJ_abuser, The4x4Guys[OP] and aggrex like this.
  3. May 6, 2019 at 7:28 AM
    The4x4Guys

The4x4Guys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black JLUR
    Mopar 2" lift, 37" BFG KO2's, KMC Rockstar 17" wheels, JCR Offroad front and rear bumpers, WARN Zeon 10-S, CoolTech CB Radio Kit, Rock Slide Engineering step sliders, TeraFlex adjustable steering stabilizer, Rock Krawler adjustable track bars,Magnaflow dual tip black exhaust.

@Awrench you are not wrong, I do have an online store The4x4Guys that sells aftermarket parts for Jeeps, but we don't currently have any suppliers of bedliner on-board and if we did I would likely still be asking all of you for a recommendation. We have nearly 80 brands in the store and another 40-50 that we are working to add, but other than what we see at shows or buy for our own Jeeps we don't always know whats best. That's why I love Forums (we participate on several) knowledgeable users like yourself are excellent sources of information and experience.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look to see if there are any manufacturers of bedliner that we can become a re-seller for.

Bob

4. May 6, 2019 at 7:59 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Lizard skin's heat shield and liner is my favorite for the inside. Keeps the heat out as well as sound while giving the inside a good look if you like going without carpet.

The4x4Guys[OP] likes this.
To Top