1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crankshaft sensor

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by Blobis, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Sep 27, 2022 at 7:10 AM
    Blobis

Blobis [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone.
    Turn the key and the starter keeps spinning, even in the run position, checked out the starter and its fine.
    Ok, after changing the timing chain, ( had 1 inch of play ) new oil pump, water pump, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, cam sensor all needed to be done since I was working on it. Put it all back together and my starter still stays on when I turn the key, turn the key back a tiny bit and then it starts, runs better than I can remember. so the last thing I did was replace the crankshaft sensor, went to start it and the starter behaved normally and started right up. Drove around for about five miles ran great. parked back in the garage turned it off, a few minutes later started it up again and the same starter symptom came back. Next day, tried to start again, same thing. Unplugged the crankshaft sensor, removed sensor ( checked for damage on the face, nothing there ) checked the wiring harness and there was a little gunk on one of the three female ends, cleaned that out with cleaner, plugged it all in again and it started right up like before and ran great.
    Same damn thing happened again, drove around for about five miles, got it nice and hot, pulled in the garage, turned it off, waited awhile and the symptom came back. I'm thinking the wiring harness connection is getting hot and disconnecting. What do you think.
    Thanks , Bob

Products Discussed in

To Top