1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dead battery - interior lights won't turn off

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by The4x4Guys, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Aug 5, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    The4x4Guys

The4x4Guys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black JLUR
    Mopar 2" lift, 37" BFG KO2's, KMC Rockstar 17" wheels, JCR Offroad front and rear bumpers, WARN Zeon 10-S, CoolTech CB Radio Kit, Rock Slide Engineering step sliders, TeraFlex adjustable steering stabilizer, Rock Krawler adjustable track bars,Magnaflow dual tip black exhaust.
    Yesterday I found my 2003 TJ had a dead battery. After jumping it, I discovered that the interior lights would not shut off. More than a month ago, I inadvertently left the Jeep door open while working on it in the garage. When I saw it the next morning, I was happily surprised to see that the battery was intact and that the Jeep had shut the lights off after 20 minutes to save the battery, just as the owners manual says it will.

In trying to trace the issue, I have done the following:

1) checked the multifunction switch was actually turned off, it was

2) removed and disconnected the multifunction switch to see if it was the issue, it wasn't

3) tested the door switches, by removing fuse #4 behind the glove box, the lights still didn't go out.

4) pulled fuse #26 in the power distribution box (engine bay) the all accessories fuse, they went out.

5) I even unwired a winch that I had installed direct to the battery last weekend and that did nothing too.

6) reset the computer by disconnecting the positive terminal of the battery, held it to ground for a minute, reinstalled the terminal, turned ignition on without starting the engine, turned headlights on and then off. Nothing, the lights remain on.

Any ideas?

To Top