1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diablo tuner, tunes

Discussion in 'Performance & Tuning' started by Meatguypa, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jan 4, 2018 at 7:29 AM
    Meatguypa

Meatguypa [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 wrangler "blackbear"
    Jk 3.5 lift Cold air intake 35 in tires Front and rear rock crawler numbers Winch Turbo kit waiting for weather to install Diablo tuner, pcm swap
    So I purchased a Diablo tuner for my turbo kit that I won't be able to install for a few weeks. I was just wondering if it's possible to download a 93 octane tune to this tuner. Because I bought it from the turbo company Diablo is telling me it's not possible to add a 93 octane tune to my device. I find this to be BS. Anybody experience in this?

2. Jan 4, 2018 at 8:39 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome to the site! I'm not familiar with that tuner, but someone should chime in shortly

JKBob 25 likes this.
  3. Jan 4, 2018 at 9:55 AM
    Meatguypa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Jk 3.5 lift Cold air intake 35 in tires Front and rear rock crawler numbers Winch Turbo kit waiting for weather to install Diablo tuner, pcm swap
    I hope so lol, ty

4. Jan 4, 2018 at 3:52 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Diablo would have to have a 93 octane tune available for it. I am surprised that your turbo kit did not come with its own tuner. Your jeep will need a custom tune for the turbo, and Diablo wont have it. If it did not come with it you should find a local tuner to tune it. Usual cost is around $500. I know a couple guys here in houston.

JKBob 25 and chris4x4 like this.
  5. Jan 4, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    Meatguypa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It came with the turbo tune. Diablo said i can only use the tuner for the prodigy turbo. I find it hard to believe I can' add a tune to that tuner. They just want me to purchase another tune. I could easily send my turbo tune to another diablo owner and they could download it to their device

To Top