1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine temp

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by 4WHEELING FOR LIFE, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Aug 27, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    4WHEELING FOR LIFE

4WHEELING FOR LIFE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle:
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys
    4" Terra flex lift, Barricade bumpers. Smittybuilt wench, roof rack, led-light bars, billet aluminium radiator, k&N intake kit, SmittyBuilt roll bar reinforcement kit, aluminium differential covers, after market electric cooling fan.
    I have a 2014 jeep wrangler that continues to have increase coolant temp (240+) pulling hills. It has never over heated, but concerned with aluminium cylinder heads warping. Replaced stock radiator with "Cold-case" performance radiator, new orange coolant, new thermostat and additional external electric radiator. Any ideas on what else I can do to decrease engine temp!

2. Aug 27, 2019 at 12:40 PM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    lots going on here - you are seeing 240+ECT and the CEL is not on?

Check with your friendly local jeep dealer to determine if TSB 08-069-13 applies and was performed.

Let us know will the CEL come on at every start for @3seconds then go out?

3. Aug 27, 2019 at 12:54 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @4WHEELING FOR LIFE ...any obstructions up front like winch, auxiliary lights? Recent "upgrades" done to remedy past 240+ temps? Interested in viewing the ext radiator.

4. Aug 27, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    4WHEELING FOR LIFE

4WHEELING FOR LIFE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle:
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys
    4" Terra flex lift, Barricade bumpers. Smittybuilt wench, roof rack, led-light bars, billet aluminium radiator, k&N intake kit, SmittyBuilt roll bar reinforcement kit, aluminium differential covers, after market electric cooling fan.
    I sorry I meant external electric fan, check engine light is not on, and I have not had any TSB performed. I do have a wench cover and aftermarket grill.

5. Aug 27, 2019 at 2:31 PM
    Jim Beam

Jim Beam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle:
    1986 CJ7
    Fuel Injection, Dana 44s, T18, 4.10s w/lockers
    I have never heard of a front mounted winch causing an overheat. Along with what has been suggested so far, I would have to add some gauge verification, and checking the thermostat. They do a lot of work and can go bad once in a while.

Products Discussed in

To Top