1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First time Jeep Owner...Tires

Discussion in 'General Jeep Discussion' started by bundy, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:50 AM
    bundy

bundy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello Everyone,

Just picked up a 2019 Grand Cherokee Overland which came with 20" Bridgestone Ecopia tires. These tires got awful reviews for driving in the winter and since I'm in the Northeast, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I always thought Jeeps could drive through anything no matter what kind of tire. Thanks in advance for your input!

2. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    Tires have a lot to do with the capability of the vehicle. The type of tire depends on the terrain and conditions you will encounter. A dedicated set of snow tires on extra wheels for the winter months doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though I don't live in the North I am anxious for some snow this year to try out my new Falken Wildpeak AT3w tires. They have good winter weather reviews. It sucks to buy a new vehicle and already have to be thinking about new tires. Falken has also just come out with the Wildpeak AT Trail, which carries a Severe Snow rating. I will likely get a set for my wife's new CUV.

JKBob 25 and bundy[OP] like this.
  3. Oct 30, 2019 at 9:31 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    As mentioned the right tires can make a difference in how well the 4WD system performs in the snow. The Ecopias are just all-season variants that will serve its purpose and long life in the daily driver vehicle. If you want more traction in deep snow consider an AT tire and just remember that good 4WD systems will get you moving but driver skillset for braking and traversing icy snow terrain counts a lot too.

JKBob 25 and bundy[OP] like this.
  4. Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 PM
    bundy

bundy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Question #2, does anyone know how to either turn off the weather pop-ups or make them more relevant to my location? I honestly have no reason to see the weather 8 hours away from me....thanks!

5. Dec 21, 2019 at 7:26 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome to the site!

To Top