1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ford F-150 xlt vs rubicon ride?truck

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by parispete, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Apr 23, 2019 at 10:37 AM
    parispete

parispete [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Vehicle:
    Not Bought Yet
    i have been reading about ride quality and I took a test drive in a 2019 Rubi and it felt fine. I am waiting on the purchase to get a better deal in the fall. I drive a 2006 Ford F-150 XLT and it bounces all over the place on rough roads and we have rough roads in Central PA. I drove the Rubi on nice smooth routes. I have the same tires on my truck as the rubi. I am looking to drive on trails and beaches and interstate highways. I want the best (Rubicon) because I deserve it and I like power mirrors and windows etc....

JKBob 25 likes this.
  2. Apr 23, 2019 at 10:51 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Nothing but the best 4 u lol. Tough to compare as the two vehicles have different designs + suspensions. Check out the offerings @Koons as it may be worth the drive. Local DE dealer was skimpy on the deal as well as the brochure.

3. Apr 23, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    I have never driven or ridden in a 2006ish F150 but a JL Rubi sounds nice.

4. Apr 23, 2019 at 11:09 AM
    parispete

parispete [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Vehicle:
    Not Bought Yet
    It seems like a life time that I have been saving for it. I figured that I wanted a 4x4 truck paid off and in good shape before I retire and have a new vehicle payment less that $400.00 a month and I am just about there. I need to be active and have already been in the horse world so I think the Jeep events and jamboree’s will be fun and keep me in better shape. I do not want a 2020 if they are introducing electric to run thr Jeep. Maybe after it has been tested?

5. Apr 23, 2019 at 11:26 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    I wouldn't want an "EJ" either unless it was just for around town, a gas powered Jeep and hopefully a Diesel Jeep will be available as well.

6. Apr 23, 2019 at 12:00 PM
    parispete

parispete [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Vehicle:
    Not Bought Yet
    I have a very good Christian friend and golfing buddy that has a 2018 Rubi fully loaded. His wife drives it mostly but he went to a local Jeep dealership (Statler?) the day after Christmas. He did not get the color he wanted but it was $48,800.00 loaded that was white with tan leather. He walked out the door with paying $44,700.00 with extended warranty etc...He says they really want to get ride of stuff in December and he could have gotten a better deal on a 2018. I will try the same thing. I guess it is the same for any car? But, who has that kind of money at Christmas? The worse time to buy is when tax returns come in..

To Top