1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GPS

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by aa9zz, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Feb 18, 2022 at 5:19 AM
    aa9zz

aa9zz [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Vincennes, IN
    Vehicle:
    17 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Tow vehicle for motorhome and personal vehicle.
    I’m new to the forum so be gentle. I have a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk that I tow behind a motorhome. I love the car but my GPS, once or twice a year will lose where it is and show the location and route in the middle of fields, rivers or the sea.

I am currently in Florida and when I am traveling I need the GPS to get from new place to new place.

Can I reset the unit myself or what should I do? Uconnect says they will not help because 3G is now turned off in it and the dealer In Titusville says tough luck.

Any suggestions?

Phil

2. Feb 18, 2022 at 6:24 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Try another Jeep/FCA dealer for another opinion as yours has outdated information. Might have to consider a separate GPS unit if yours has no available updates

LYFZGOOD likes this.
  3. Feb 18, 2022 at 7:11 AM
    aa9zz

aa9zz [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Vincennes, IN
    Vehicle:
    17 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Tow vehicle for motorhome and personal vehicle.
    It was working fine. I went into a store and then punched in the address to return to the campground and it had no idea where it was.

my concern is that since Uconnect no longer serves 3G they will use this as an opportunity to forget about older customers, ones that have supported them for years.

I updated the map a few months ago and it has worked fine. I think it is either a firmware update issue or just needs to be reset line my phone from ti e to time.

I have no idea how to reset it though and the folks at the Titusville, FL Jeep dealership has no interest in helping.

I live in Indiana and have an RV GPS for the motorhome but it sure would be nice if I had routing directions in my Jeep while on vacation.

Does anyone know how to “reset” the NAV or experienced the same with your unit?

if so, what did you do to correct it?

Phil

To Top