1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grand Cherokee overland bad brakes

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by bdsjsajk, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Jul 10, 2021 at 10:44 AM
    bdsjsajk

bdsjsajk [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    Vehicle:
    jeep overland
    I have a 2014 overland. I have 45k miles on it. We have had to have the brakes worked on 4 times already and they are still not right. I have replaced the rotors and pads and calipers along with hoses 3 times. The brakes are still running soft and not doing full contact with rotors. Can't get a handle on this. Don't know if it's the abs system or proportion device? Not sure what it is. Jump in and give me some opinions! In less than 7k I will have to repair or replace them again if no answers. Also I have the life time warr. on it and jeep will not do crap. Thank you.

2. Jul 10, 2021 at 12:39 PM
    Groundfault

Groundfault Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    87 Wrangler, kind of...
    5.7 V8 with Whipple Supercharger, TH350 w/B&M Shifter, NP205 TC, Dana 60 front 4.56, GM 14 bolt 10.5 rear 4.56, 4 wheel discs, Bilstein shocks, 6" lift on 37's, Autometer gauges, all led lighting and a few other things.
    Could be air trapped in the ABS modulator. Most modulators have bleed screws. Modulators without bleed screws require a scan tool to activate the ABS solenoid while bleeding brakes. Only other idea I have is a bad master cylinder.
    Stuff like this keeps me awake at night, so keep us posted when you find solution.

LYFZGOOD and aggrex like this.
To Top