1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with Weber 38 linkage

Discussion in 'CJ' started by Duff, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Feb 24, 2020 at 3:12 PM
    Duff

Duff [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    none
    I'm in the process of installing a Weber 38 on my 85 cj7 with a 4.2, and I don't see my linkage hooking up to this carb. I called Redline today and the tech guy said I needed trunion # 990005.357 and throttle bracket #444551.04 to make it work. He said Morris sells both parts, but I searched and haven't found them. Can someone post a picture of their Weber 38 installation or perhaps lead me to a better diagram than what came with this thing?

2. Feb 25, 2020 at 10:38 AM
    Duff

Member:
    none
    Update! I contacted Morris 4x4 and they didn't carry the above mentioned parts needed for the 38 conversion. I called Redline Weber help desk again, and they sent me to Triangle Auto Supply 800-572-3681. Triangle had both pieces $32.85 shipped. Maybe this will help someone in the future that's doing a Weber conversion. Also put my Jeep up for sale, check the classifieds forum.

aggrex likes this.
  3. Feb 25, 2020 at 4:31 PM
    Jim Beam

Jim Beam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle:
    1986 CJ7
    Fuel Injection, Dana 44s, T18, 4.10s w/lockers
    Good deal! sometimes you can go to an industrial supply outfit to develop your own hardware that you need to make something fit. Like when what you want isn't made anymore or someone hasn't thought of it yet.

4. Feb 25, 2020 at 5:06 PM
    Duff

Member:
    none
    Yeah, I guess that's what people do when installing this kit on a CJ? You'd think the people that sold me the kit would've let me know that I didn't have everything I needed to make it work, and to a least carry the parts in inventory. Oh well, I'll get the parts next week and I'll post the results, I'm not optimistic about this working. I did get it running today, even though lacking the connection between my foot and the carb, it ran and sounded real good! Gonna miss the old CJ (not really).

To Top