1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Howdy folks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MTgeezer, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Feb 28, 2022 at 2:41 PM
    MTgeezer

MTgeezer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    55 CJ 3B
    441 sbc/AGEM22W/"Super"D18/D44s-ARBs-Dutchman
    New member but I have been playing with Jeeps since I learned to drive with my late father's 47 CJ 2A in 1955. There hasn't been a big turnover in my stable since I purchased my first one (a 67 CJ 5 V6 purchased new), the 1955 CJ 3B (bought in 1972 with 26K on the odometer), and the 2012 JKUR purchased new in Dec 2011. The CJ's have followed pretty divergent paths with the CJ 5 being close to bone stock and the 3B having close to none of the parts it left Toledo with. The JK has a mild lift, 35's, and a lot of armor plate to accompany it's rather ragged pin stripe job.

The 3B is about to emerge from it's 5th instar which began with a blown front axle shaft in 2014 and ended with just about the entire drivetrain and suspension replaced. A bit of project creep but I'm sure most of us are familiar with that. The CJ 5 has been in the shed for the last 15 years but is next up on the queue for some attention. It is going to remain mostly stock but will inherit a few bits and pieces from the 3B including the full float, Powr-Loc D44 rear axle.

The JK: frankly, after piloting one for a decade, I think JK's are a piece of c--p. They could have been sooooo much better with soooo little additional effort. The 3.6 is indisputably better than the 3.8 it replaced but is far short of what is really needed in that platform to really perform well off road (or on road for that matter). Yep, the 392 cured that in the JT/JL's but, IMO, way too expensive for what you get. Bring on the booooos---

The "B"
    [​IMG]

CJ 5 in its earlier life:
    [​IMG]

JK
    [​IMG]

tomrr, JKBob 25, Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Feb 28, 2022 at 3:00 PM
    hafaday

hafaday Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    14 JKU
    Few things
    Booooooooooo!

:rofl:

JKBob 25 and aggrex like this.
  3. Feb 28, 2022 at 8:31 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    BOOEY….:) JKs get thirsty too ;)C3F1EE77-F107-4EA6-9C35-7404F52C716E.jpg

JKBob 25, hafaday and Bob like this.
  4. Mar 2, 2022 at 7:47 AM
    hafaday

hafaday Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    14 JKU
    Few things
    PLEASE, for the love of who ever…. Tell me that some one is getting out on a nice day (at least here where I’m at).

LYFZGOOD, JKBob 25 and aggrex like this.
To Top