1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worth getting this 2001 Wrangler that needs frame work?

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by Therealtdm, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Apr 27, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    Therealtdm

Therealtdm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Hello everyone, brand new here! Was just wondering if anyone could help me with some insight. Been looking into some jeeps to try and get into it. A friend of mine is getting rid of his 01 wrangler 150k miles, manual ,2 inch lift and some decently beefy tires and everything else is in fair condition. But the frame needs some work... was just wondering if it would be worth the purchase and then the repair? I have been looking around at replacement kits and from what I have heard people say it makes the frames stronger plus adds drain holes unlike the factory to at least slow down the rust. I could get it for around 1500, any help would be much appreciated thank you !

0E630172-E2A3-4E51-93E0-B5AB0ABC1AC2.jpg
    E17AC983-BCE9-4D12-86F9-484404BDF1C3.jpg

2. Apr 27, 2019 at 5:22 PM
    TJ_abuser

TJ_abuser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    2005 jeep unlimited
    2 inch lift, bumper and winch 33" mud claw
    Welcome from Texas I would start with pricing a used frame from a state with less road salt that's a very cheap price. Cuz man I don't think that frame needs repairing as much as replacing.

aggrex and chris4x4 like this.
  3. Apr 27, 2019 at 5:36 PM
    Therealtdm

Therealtdm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Thank you for the Texan hospitality! I have been looking into that too, seems to be the cheapest frames I can find are 1500 (which are new) no luck finding any good ones on eBay not sure where else to look. But the swap itself would seems to be costly(I could be completely wrong , I’m fairly new to the Jeep game) at that point do you think it be worth it to just scrap the dream and look for a new example ? Thanks again for the input / anymore you got.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Apr 27, 2019 at 5:50 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome to the site!

5. Apr 27, 2019 at 6:39 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Therealtdm . Not exactly a great way to get into the jeep game. Rust on the frame appears to be beyond repair based off the pics. Don't get distracted by the beefy tires or lift as that jeep shouldn't be on the road. Keep searching as the jeeps are out there. Now if you have the time+$$$+space+skill the frame could be replaced but its a big job.

TJ_abuser likes this.
To Top