1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Build

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK Builds (2007-2017)' started by Offroad798, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Feb 11, 2018 at 5:07 PM
    Offroad798

Offroad798 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    fenders, bumpers, winch, inner fenders, cb, headliner storage, oil pan armor
    Placed jeep on 6 ton jacks. Installed 2x4 at rear tire due to short wheel base. Pulled all 4 tires. Removed inner fender wells. Removed all abs line clips and brake like clips. Removed vent tube line, locker connector etc. Removed trac bar, sway bar end links, drive shaft. Lowered ft diff on floor jack and removed stock springs. Drilled holes and installed bump stops. Changed both upper arms then lower arms. Had to remove heat shield on both upper arms to access bolts. Installed new springs. Lifted diff up with floor jack and rested on jack stands. Drilled holes in upper shock mount to install 6 pak bracket. Installed shocks. Removed factory brake lines and installed new brake lines. Bleed ft brakes. Zip tied abs line to brake line. I thought this would be a good time to install the exhaust spacers. Wow. I opened a can of worms. Had and extra exhaust bracket welded on to stop exhaust rattle. So I had to cut the bracket arm, disassemble the exhaust. WD40 the pipe connectors and that's were I stopped. Pics in my media

l1.jpg
    l2.jpg

OFFGRID, JKBob 25, aggrex and 2 others like this.
  2. Feb 11, 2018 at 5:50 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Nice step-by-step report, almost like I was there. Every job has a surprise pop up that has to be overcome.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  3. Feb 11, 2018 at 6:37 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Subbed of coarse. Lookin forward to see your progress.

4. Feb 11, 2018 at 6:45 PM
    Offroad798

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    Yes, I thought I had the exhaust fixed once, now Ill be looking at it again. LOL. Thanks JKBob25 and aggrex.

5. Feb 13, 2018 at 5:12 PM
    Offroad798

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    Removed all electrical connectors, vent tubes and loosen all brake line bracket bolts. Removed sway bar end links. Removed track bar and shocks. Lowered on floor jack and removed coil springs. Jacked up diff and placed on jack stands. Installed rear sway bar drop spacers. Removed upper control arms replaced with MC arms. Removed both lower control arms. Installed lower arms only to the frame. Installed adjustable bump stops. Cut lower shock mount brackets, drilled holes primed and painted. Installed lower 6 pak shock brackets. Installed passenger side lower control arm. Installed trac-bar bracket then installed drivers lower control arm. Installed rear coil spring alignment correction kit along with rear springs. Installed rear sway bar end links. Note: jacked up under diff close to front to get lower control arms in easier ( rolling the axle). Installed rear track bar. Just need to change the rear brake lines and bleed them. Then I will mess with that exhaust again. Will let you all know how that goes.

l17.jpg

Billy1234, OFFGRID, aggrex and 2 others like this.
  6. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:59 AM
    Blue Baby Sound

Blue Baby Sound Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    All the world's indeed a stage And we are merely players Performers and portrayers Each another's audience Outside the gilded cage
    Build threads in sig
    6 paks look sweet!!!

7. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM
    Offroad798

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    Installed both rear brake lines and bleed. Had to cut lots of metal off exhaust to get it to fit after installing exhaust spacers. Installed exhaust with double factory isolators for vibration and support at rear turn down. See my media for pics. Now to get it all aligned.

l16.jpg

Billy1234, JKBob 25, OFFGRID and 2 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top