1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Navigation screen possessed

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by kpetey, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Oct 23, 2020 at 10:50 AM
    kpetey

kpetey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 grand Cherokee
    So I just left the dealership with my almost 2yr old grand Cherokee. The navigation screen is possessed. Turns the heat on, calls random people, won’t do voice commands, changes pretty much all the settings on its own. They stated that this is common and I would need a whole new radio system for $1000 plus labor. So if this is so common on a $40,000 vehicle why is it not a recall?! Also they stated they can’t get the radio because it’s on back order back order whatever that means. So I have to hope I don’t crash until then?? Is anyone else going through this??

2. Oct 23, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @kpetey ...your best bet is stick with the dealer for warranty issues. Something more than the navigation system is involved and I wouldn't want anyone else to touch it

LYFZGOOD likes this.
  3. Oct 23, 2020 at 5:44 PM
    kpetey

kpetey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 grand Cherokee
    Dealership was far from helpful. It’s not under warranty they said. And it hasn’t been recalled yet. Also stated they can’t get the radio at this time and sent me on my way.

To Top