1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hepp79, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Jan 18, 2022 at 8:29 PM
    Hepp79

Hepp79 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1977 CJ 5
    Hi new to the site. my name Chad. I have a 1977 CJ 5 that was left to me by my father. He didn't use it but 2 weeks a year for about 30 years. It sat in the pole barn the rest of the time. so it does not have a lot of rust, just surface. he did do a lot of back yard fixes on it. I want to restore and modify a little bit. so fi can pass it on to my kids and they can just enjoy. So there is the background and introduction, a little long winded. I am pretty resourceful on info and getting parts. but the main thing i have been trying to find out is the 77 the same length from bumper to bumper as the 82. I want to put a T5 trans in it. make it a little more all around dive able. there i go be long winded again, So if any one has done this or has any info about doing this. Please let me know. it would be much appreciated. looking forward to hearing from yall and as this project goes on showing yall my progress. Thank you

Bob likes this.
  2. Jan 19, 2022 at 3:53 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Hepp79 theres a bunch of cj threads that might help your project. Post a pic or 2 and your build thread.

Bob and LYFZGOOD like this.
  3. Jan 19, 2022 at 12:46 PM
    Hepp79

Hepp79 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1977 CJ 5
    Thank you for your response. I have read through a lot of threads and forms. No one is clear. I am just looking for a straight answer. Yes they are the same length but you will have to do this to help, or No they are not the same size and if you want to do it this what you will need to do. Straight forward, that is what i am looking for. Like i saod thank you. i will post a few pics soon.

To Top