1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chaseman, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Jun 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM
    chaseman

chaseman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    Vehicle:
    1992 jeep yj
    New 31x10.5, new skyjacker shocks, replaced soft top, new front seats, took back seats out of my wifes 04 eddie bauer explorer and they are now my back seats, new radiator, radiator hoses, new breaks, body work, primer paint, new front bumper, new 52" light bar, new cube led lights on bumper and at bottom of windshield, new stereo, sanded and painted parts of dash, painted the door panels. In the process of removing pads from the roll bars to paint. Installed a rebuilt transmission, installed new differential covers for the Dana 30, and 35. Rust inhibitor on bottom of vehicle.
    Been trolling for awhile, and just joined, lots of great info on this site. I am from Kentucky, been married for 27 years to my best friend, have two children, and two grandkids. My youngest, my son is currently serving, and as we type he is in Northern Iraq. I got a call one day from my son, he gave me a address only, told me to go there as quickly as I could, that was the only thing he said. We I got there, a paid for 92 YJ was waiting for me, he knew I wanted to get a other jeep, had a YJ when he was very young, so he found one close and bought it for me. Vehicles never meant much to me, usually had a company truck, still do, but this Jeep brings me great joy, and I am hoping to have it many years, until I give it to his son Grayson, who is 1 year old in December. Many upgrades, tranny, body work, primer, new shocks new seats, front and back, LED lights, front bumper, new digital gauges, new 31x10.5x15 tires, new fluids everywhere, new soft top, stereo, speakers, CBS radio, and many many other small items. Here are a couple pics, and happy to be a jeep owner again....

20190424_155601~2.jpg

Bob, aggrex, Billy1234 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jun 21, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome to the site!

3. Jun 21, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    Glad to have you here, Kentucky some good hunting I hear. And I love my bourbon so it makes me smile to think of your home state.

When doing mods try to keep everything, someday those will be the impossible to get items.
    Please say thats rain water under the jeep.
    We need to get a windshield - any trouble locating one? I believe its a wide range of years that will fit.

PS whats your copilot (back seat) name?

4. Jun 21, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    Bob

Bob Well-Known Member Moderator

Member:
    What a nice son...also, name of dog? :popcorn:

5. Jun 21, 2019 at 10:52 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @chaseman ...wonderful son, family, dog and YJ...saving the squares

Billy1234 likes this.
  6. Jun 21, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    chaseman

chaseman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    Vehicle:
    1992 jeep yj
    New 31x10.5, new skyjacker shocks, replaced soft top, new front seats, took back seats out of my wifes 04 eddie bauer explorer and they are now my back seats, new radiator, radiator hoses, new breaks, body work, primer paint, new front bumper, new 52" light bar, new cube led lights on bumper and at bottom of windshield, new stereo, sanded and painted parts of dash, painted the door panels. In the process of removing pads from the roll bars to paint. Installed a rebuilt transmission, installed new differential covers for the Dana 30, and 35. Rust inhibitor on bottom of vehicle.
    Thanks guys, and yes everything is saved that has been replaced. No problem finding windshield, actually buying a complete YJ for parts, just waiting to get rest of money together....it is water, of course it rained when I took the top off....everytime!!! That co-pilot is Axe, named by my son after Matt Axelson, navy seal killed depicted in the movie Lone Survivor, he is my constant companion, and my best friend.....took sons place when he decided he wanted to serve our great country, and left me, went from being together everyday, to him being gone, and me being lost. Axe helped me thru some dark times.....Kentucky does have some fine bourbon, lots of small batch bourbons that are excellent and not so well known. Deer, plenty, catch them eating my cat's food all the time, and I live in the city.

To Top