1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New user/Headlight & directional issue

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by XjThumper, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Feb 5, 2022 at 9:43 PM
    XjThumper

XjThumper [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2000 navy blue XJ
    3" rough country lift on 31 BF AT's , 2"wheel spacers to convert lug pattern to 5x5, Flow master exhaust, Light bar & Pods, and a roof basket.
    Hey guys and girls, My name is Steve reside in Massachusetts. Currently have a 2000 XJ 4.0 straight 6 4x4. I'm having an issue with my head lamps and directional's, They work when they want to really. Pull the switch to turn on lights the dash/panel lights come on all running lights turn on and work hazards work, over head dome light works the dimmer works for the dash/panel, Tail lights & Break lights work as well. However the headlights will not turn on or work, If i jiggle the the switch while its extended/power on the headlights will flicker and stay on for a few seconds maybe a minute then shut off. if you happen to find the sweet spot that evening and they stay on its only for a short period of time until you hit a bump and they go out. The only way to have headlights at the moment is to hold the high beam on if i push the leaver forward to engage high beam they will not work, But if i pull the leaver toward me they work no issue at all. Same goes for the directional's they work fine but then mid-turn either left or right they cut out make a loud buzzing noise and stop working. Once this happens they continue to buzz really loud every time turning signal is engaged. Once i park and shut my jeep off for a few minutes,restart and begin to drive directional's work perfectly fine until they decide to start buzzing and cutting out again, This Happens at least once every time driving. PLEASEEEE HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. Feb 11, 2022 at 3:26 AM
    Groundfault

Groundfault Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    87 Wrangler, kind of...
    5.7 V8 with Whipple Supercharger, TH350 w/B&M Shifter, NP205 TC, Dana 60 front 4.56, GM 14 bolt 10.5 rear 4.56, 4 wheel discs, Bilstein shocks, 6" lift on 37's, Autometer gauges, all led lighting and a few other things.
    Since the problem is isolated to headlights and turn signals, it's probably a worn out multifunction switch (turn signal, hi and lo beam lever). The buzzing noise is low power to the turn signal flasher. Hazard lights work and don't cause buzzing noise so the flashers are good.
    Let everyone know if you get it corrected.

aggrex likes this.
  3. Feb 16, 2022 at 9:11 PM
    XjThumper

XjThumper [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2000 navy blue XJ
    3" rough country lift on 31 BF AT's , 2"wheel spacers to convert lug pattern to 5x5, Flow master exhaust, Light bar & Pods, and a roof basket.
    Headlight switch and multi function switch were the case! Thanks for the help!

To Top