1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Over-Heating

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by seanseamus, May 10, 2021.

1. May 10, 2021 at 4:51 PM
    seanseamus

seanseamus [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2001 Grand Cherokee
    2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7L. Red lined and had to have towed. I changed the Radiator, Water Pume and Thermostat. Still overheating. Top Hose is Hot and Bottom Hose is cold. I have some guy telling me it could be the Head Gasket. This doesn't make sense to me sine I don't have oil in the water and the car is not lacking compression. Seems the water ought to circulate through the enging regardless of a bad Head Gasket. Any one have any suggestions here?? I even filled the radiator from the top hose directly into the engine after the repairs. I can't understand why the water isn't circulating through the engine. Please HELP !!

2. May 11, 2021 at 5:22 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    If it wasn't the head gasket before the redline perform a test for a bad head gasket. Take the thermostat out to confirm flow. If the thermostat is the correct one make sure it's installed correctly with the bleeder valve in the right direction as per FSM. Confirm the electric fans are coming on at high temps or a/c on. There are relays to inspect that send power to them.

To Top