1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poltergeist possession

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by MudBunny, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jul 9, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    MudBunny

MudBunny [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bertie
    Vehicle:
    2010 grand Laredo 3.7
    None
    Hello to you all this is my first post for my 2010 grand cherokee and it’s a doozy!

On occasion my the battery goes dead on my Cherokee. The alternator, voltage regulator and battery all check out good. Checked for excessive overnight parasitic draw from the battery and nothing abnormal.

Finally I found something abnormal. After parking the car and locking it as I turned to walk away something strange happened. The passenger and drivers windows rolled down, the headlights and rear running lights came on. The hazard flashers turned on. The rear hatch glass opened itself and the rear hatch lock unlocked and continued repeatedly unlock itself. The car kept doing this until the battery was completely drained. I could not stop it!

has anybody else had this experience with their grand Cherokee?

thank you all in advance for your reply,

MudBunny

Bob likes this.
  2. Jul 9, 2020 at 1:06 PM
    Jim Beam

Jim Beam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle:
    1986 CJ7
    Fuel Injection, Dana 44s, T18, 4.10s w/lockers
    Right off hand, I would think that all these items relate to your remote control unit. If this is correct, that might be the problem. For your battery, I would start looking at the terminal connections for any looseness or corrosion. You have to start somewhere.

3. Jul 9, 2020 at 1:50 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @MudBunny ....you’re issues would make more sense if you had mud run this JGC. After confirming solid positive and ground connections do some research on TIPM failures that have occurred 82C82C03-97BA-45E2-A71F-BCDE394FD5D6.jpg with various Chrysler products. BIL ‘94 JGC had similar issues that required a new ECU.

To Top