1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remembering 9-11

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by aggrex, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:20 AM
    aggrex

aggrex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Remember getting off night-shift that day in the morning preparing for sleep which didn't happen until several hours later. Wasn't ez to fall asleep and just wished this was just a bad dream. Remember how quiet the world around me had become for the next few days as if time stood still. Traffic was very sparse, no planes in the sky and how our large town became very small like the old days. The few strangers I encountered were not just strangers anymore.

remembering 911.jpg

JKBob 25, chris4x4 and LYFZGOOD like this.
  2. Sep 11, 2019 at 5:04 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    At 6am this morning, 18 years ago, The skies were silent, as I was fielding phone calls trying to secure a project i was building at Sky Harbor. I was struggling to comprehend what exactly was happening. By the next day, half the airport was turned into a military base, and the only aircraft in the sky was a lone F-18 or F-16 that I would see from time to time. I think I struggled for a couple days to think it actually happened.

JKBob 25 and aggrex[OP] like this.
  3. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:22 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    I was at work that morning when the first plane hit the tower. The local radio station was reporting a small aircraft. I didnt have access to a tv until i went home later that day. But I do remember how quite it was when I left work. I live in the final approach air space for several airports. A small local one, and Newark International being the other. Planes always over head. When I saw the news that afternoon. I realized why it was so quite.

A very sad day for this country. May we Never forget. Hard to believe it's been 18 years already. Seems like yesterday.

aggrex[OP] likes this.
To Top