1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starting 02 GC Rebuild and a warning

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by Newenough, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Feb 18, 2020 at 9:01 AM
    Newenough

Newenough [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi all! First post!

I recently grabbed back my sons 02 GC 4x4 to fix it back up. Had a few minor accidents with it, was broken into a few times, but nothing major. Until the tranny started to get weird a few weeks ago. Thought it was the Solenoids (42re) but it died even before I got the parts in. Getting rebuilt now. The reverse band broke. All bad! I got a good price for a bench tear-down though, $1400 all in. I'm really looking forward to getting it back and will have many questions for the group as I go through the restoration. It only has 140k, and it was a gift from his grandfather who bought it new.

Also, word of warning. Stay away from Cascade Transmission Parts or their Ebay Store Electrical Advantage. Crooked company. Good luck with getting your money back from them. Does anyone need a nice Solenoid kit for t eh 42re? Lol Anyway. I look forward to lurking for a while!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 18, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Newenough ...the JGC should make for an interesting project to get it back on the road or trails

To Top