1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stutter when accelerating from slow speeds

Discussion in 'Liberty' started by Halfpintcs819, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Mar 9, 2022 at 8:03 AM
    Halfpintcs819

Halfpintcs819 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 silver Jeep Liberty Limited
    I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Limited. When accelerating from slow speeds I have this very bad stuttering that is driving me crazy. Only way to get it to stop is to lift foot off the gas. Also Part Time light always stays on. Any ideas or suggestions please would be greatly appreciated

Chrissy

2. Mar 14, 2022 at 11:13 PM
    Groundfault

Groundfault Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    87 Wrangler, kind of...
    5.7 V8 with Whipple Supercharger, TH350 w/B&M Shifter, NP205 TC, Dana 60 front 4.56, GM 14 bolt 10.5 rear 4.56, 4 wheel discs, Bilstein shocks, 6" lift on 37's, Autometer gauges, all led lighting and a few other things.
    Tune up is always a good place to start. How many miles on the spark plugs? Recommended is every 30,000 mi. Plug wires, coil packs can be an issue over 100,000 mi. Air filter. Lot of different things can cause stuttering, eliminate the easiest and least expensive ones first. Fouled or incorrectly gapped plugs are a common problem. Along with tune-up, might consider adding a bottle of injector cleaner when you fill up with gas.
    "Part Time Light" staying on is commonly caused by a faulty transfer case position sensor. Can be in 2wd but the PCM just doesn't know it. Probably not related to the acceleration stutter. OEM switch is in the $75 range and should take less than 30 minutes to change.

JKBob 25 and aggrex like this.
To Top