1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thanks for the add from Littleton,NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 94-95ZJGuy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Aug 15, 2019 at 2:50 PM
    94-95ZJGuy

94-95ZJGuy [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Country
    Vehicle:
    94 (Project Vehicle) & 95 ZJ Red (Bone Stock)
    95 has nothing done except straight piped with no cat. and the 94 project is one of a two I have done. I have replaced its blown motor with a stroked out (30 over) motor from a 91 XJ so far. New radiator, water pump, thermostat, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, new belts.
    Hopefully someone in this forum can help me out some. I have questions about both of my Jeeps unfortunately the 95 is my every day driver and had to have the transmission cooler lines replaced recently and new bushings replaced and transmission cooler as well since I ten to pull my utility trailer a lot with it. But for the bad once it all was fixed it started cutting off going down the road. So I am not sure what is wrong now. The fuel pump was replaced 2 years ago. So I do not know what the problem is.

Second, my project jeep (wifes ride) 94 ZJ had a blown motor which I found a stroked out motor 30 Over in which I replaced it with which had zero miles on, also put a new radiator, water pump, thermostat, new hoses, belts, fuel filter, fuel pump, and got it running after fuel tank was cleaned out and new fuel added. New coolant added, but drove it away from the shop the other day and traveling 5 miles and it cut off, then went to make a left hand turn and it cut off again, plus I noticed the brake calipers were either semi stuck or no pads at all, rotors were smoking and extremely hot, so not sure where to start. Any ideas???

Jeep4Life and Bob like this.
  2. Aug 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @94-95ZJGuy ...that's a laundry list of problems to chew on. For 94ZJ inspect the brakes for frozen calipers and replace them. Based off your description (smoking+hot) the rotors may be warped plus burnt pads. Probably should have turned around back to the "shop".

Jeep4Life and 94-95ZJGuy[OP] like this.
  3. Aug 15, 2019 at 5:05 PM
    Jim Beam

Jim Beam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle:
    1986 CJ7
    Fuel Injection, Dana 44s, T18, 4.10s w/lockers
    I once had a very similar issue with a '96 Grand. The cutting out got worse as it warmed up. Eventually leading to a complete stall. This turned out to be a ignition control module, which is located on the top left(driver's) side. From what I have read a cam sensor located inside the distributor can have similar results. I also had a truck where the front rotor turned blue. This was caused by a flexible brake brake line disintegrating on the inside and would act as a check valve to only let the fluid flow in one direction. Just to give you some possibility of what problems you might have.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    94-95ZJGuy[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 15, 2019 at 5:38 PM
    94-95ZJGuy

94-95ZJGuy [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Country
    Vehicle:
    95 has nothing done except straight piped with no cat. and the 94 project is one of a two I have done. I have replaced its blown motor with a stroked out (30 over) motor from a 91 XJ so far. New radiator, water pump, thermostat, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, new belts.
    I will look in to it thanks for the information....aggrex it is a lot to figure out in a way. I actually have a budget lift kit to put on it well more like new shocks and pucks to add so I can put a bit bigger tire on it. If I can get it running and the suspension right then I will start working on other stuff. I have been trying to get this beach ready for my other half for some time but since I only know how to do certain things and my friends are always busy it has been til now since the motor finally got put in.

5. Aug 15, 2019 at 6:58 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome!

94-95ZJGuy[OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 15, 2019 at 7:04 PM
    94-95ZJGuy

94-95ZJGuy [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Country
    Vehicle:
  7. Aug 15, 2019 at 9:36 PM
    Jeep4Life

Jeep4Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    Welcome from Florida!

Wow, looks like you've done so much already! Add some pics when you get a chance!

JKBob 25 likes this.
  8. Aug 20, 2019 at 6:38 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Welcome @94-95ZJGuy to the forum.
    So how you making out? My GF has a 98 that I've been slowing replacing stuff on. Maybe we can help eachother in the future.

To Top