1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trouble with check engine light

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FITZ1969, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Aug 6, 2019 at 1:48 PM
    FITZ1969

FITZ1969 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Vehicle:
    2008 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA
    2.5 INCH ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION LIFT
    Hey everyone: Question I have a 2008 jeep wrangler had headers and exhaust put on AFE Headers and AFE exhaust since then my check engine light came on the codes that come up are P013A and P013C I already replace the 02 sensors but there has to be something else I can do to get the engine light off inspection runs out end of the month and this is a daily driver.. Thanks Jim

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  2. Aug 6, 2019 at 2:36 PM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    I gotta ask -
    What did the installer do to address this issue ?

If The cat has not been removed and no other codes and NO other modifications?

First thought is an exhaust leak.
    You did use sensors from jeep or NTK brand parts - other aftermarket brands are problematic.
    Check wiring to sensor - pulled chaffed damaged pins.

P013A-O2 SENSOR 1/2 SLOW RESPONSE - RICH TO LEAN
    P013C-O2 SENSOR 2/2 SLOW RESPONSE - RICH TO LEAN

o2 sensor locations.jpg

3. Aug 6, 2019 at 3:40 PM
    FITZ1969

FITZ1969 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Vehicle:
    2008 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA
    2.5 INCH ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION LIFT
    well he put new sensors in.. then the light was off then came back on with same codes .. I just got off the phone with CJ pony parts where I bought the headers they told me this isn't the first time .. They told me to get a 02 sensor spacer for each side

4. Aug 7, 2019 at 5:05 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    Sorry jim - dem puters be smart - and sales hype is deep and misleading. A peeve of mine

The use of spacers is not a repair but an attempt to 'mask' the sensor readings. I would also ask the 'ENGINEER' ha ha at CJ pony (up) if that is LEGAL - I am not going to search the fine print for that but a valid question. If the issue arose before why are they still selling the part?

As I mentioned we have to use good parts, and a jeep sensor is recommended, the NTK brand also works BUT that is it for sensor brands - period.

The repair will require a scanner, someone who can utilize the data generated with scanner as well as checking o2 sensor wiring.

You did NOT answer question about other modifications - this is critical to diagnosing.

A hail mary - check for exhaust leaks - even at EGR !!.
    use the correct sensors, record all codes and freeze frame info - clear the codes and the RAM not just the erase button, also remove battery neg cable, this clears o2 sensor history from the RAM .

To Top