1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What belongs here

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Fishingfoolemjak, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Oct 15, 2021 at 1:59 AM
    Fishingfoolemjak

Fishingfoolemjak [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    1976 CJ7
    Hi everyone. My son and I are working on a 76 cj7. In the picture I have circled on the wiring diagram where it shows something that I don’t have. I have the wires that are shown but they don’t connect to anything. What is supposed to be there?

B27CB523-F026-470F-86D9-334BE2778D1E.jpg
    DA8E58F3-6DC3-4BC8-9E0C-83859031C5BD.jpg

we found this because we are trying to figure out why the hazards work but not the turn signals…. So any insight on that would also be helpful. Thanks!

2. Oct 15, 2021 at 9:57 AM
    Groundfault

Groundfault Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    87 Wrangler, kind of...
    5.7 V8 with Whipple Supercharger, TH350 w/B&M Shifter, NP205 TC, Dana 60 front 4.56, GM 14 bolt 10.5 rear 4.56, 4 wheel discs, Bilstein shocks, 6" lift on 37's, Autometer gauges, all led lighting and a few other things.
    Looks like the connectors for side marker lights. If you don't have side marker lights, make sure they're capped and taped because the wires are common with the turn signals. White and green w/tracer to left signal. White and green wires to right signal.
    Verify your fuse (should be 15 amp fuse #2) for turn signals. Hazards are on a separate 20 amp with stop and clock..
    If the turn signal bulb lights but doesn't blink, it's the turn signal flasher relay which should be hanging above the parking brake. I think '78 and up moved it to the fuse block.
    Hazard has a separate flasher relay at the top of fuse block.
    Also, never hurts to clean all of your ground wire points including any ground wires attached by sheet metal screws under the dash.
    Best of luck. Let everyone know what figure out and post some pictures of the CJ when you get a chance.

3. Oct 15, 2021 at 6:06 PM
    Fishingfoolemjak

Fishingfoolemjak [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    1976 CJ7
    Thanks for the info! When I found the wires they were actually tied together. They’re clear and safe now.

To Top