1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your TJ today?

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by Bob, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Jul 24, 2016 at 4:19 AM
    Bob

Bob [OP] Well-Known Member Moderator

Member:
    Post in here the latest maintenance, mods or anything else you've done to your Wrangler TJ lately...

2. Aug 23, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    Sgarris

Sgarris Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    Black 4.0 sport wrangler
    When I shift into 4 th or 5 th gear my jeep sputters. I have a 1999 4.0 liter

3. Oct 14, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    BigThunder

BigThunder Member

Member:
    Conroe, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 TJ
    Finishing up on a drum to disc brake conversion. Went with the G2 and pretty straight forward. you will need to purchase the Terraflex E-brake lines for this since G2 doesn't make it for the TJ ( 2004) which is strange. Also, if anyone is planning on doing this they need to know that the rear ABS sensors cannot be re-installed which is also stupid so now i have to look at the ABS light on panel or put a sticker over it. This is the same for Crown and Terraflex.
    Putting new FOX shocks and steering stab while i got the tires off. The procomp shocks that came with the lift are shot to heck. looking forward to easy riding instead of major swaying on just springs.
    Gotta replace the front pinion seal and inner axle seals while i'm at it plus the brake booster is fried so all in all going to be good a new after i'm done.

4. Dec 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    I got the TJ to have zero codes. Only took a year and a half trying to figure out emission gremlins.

Shane72 and txsmiley like this.
  5. Dec 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    Bob

Bob [OP] Well-Known Member Moderator

Member:
    successbaby.gif :)

6. Dec 19, 2016 at 10:32 AM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    [​IMG]

I seriously saved so much. My last ditch effort would be to get a new cat. :bananadead:

DustStorm4x4, txsmiley and chris4x4 like this.
  7. Dec 21, 2016 at 12:38 AM
    txsmiley

txsmiley Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mick, my first off-road jeep
    Are stickers a mod?
    Recently, changed the water pump. Poor thing gave up when I was coming home from my shift. Thankfully, the top was off and I could take a nap while it cooled off and I drove it home the last few blocks. #HeepProblems

8. Dec 21, 2016 at 7:10 AM
    jeepinghillbilly

jeepinghillbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hillbilly
    WV
    Vehicle:
    99 TJ / 79 CJ5
    99 TJ locked/locked, 4" lift, 1" body lift, skids and more skids, geared 4.88s, super shorty sye, all Rockmen adjustable arms, D44 rear, D30 front, all disc brakes, AX15 manual 5 speed, waren winch, currie tie rod, a drop down tail gate and heater relays upgrade to keep my heater switch from melting lol, and lots more stuff. 79 CJ5 with 4.0 swap
    Today I kicked mine. Battery was dead when I went to start it. :frusty:

JKBob 25 likes this.
  9. Dec 22, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    I don't own a TJ but this is one of the only threads I had not commented in yet...so...now I have. :boink:

10. Dec 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    jeepinghillbilly

jeepinghillbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hillbilly
    WV
    Vehicle:
    99 TJ / 79 CJ5
    99 TJ locked/locked, 4" lift, 1" body lift, skids and more skids, geared 4.88s, super shorty sye, all Rockmen adjustable arms, D44 rear, D30 front, all disc brakes, AX15 manual 5 speed, waren winch, currie tie rod, a drop down tail gate and heater relays upgrade to keep my heater switch from melting lol, and lots more stuff. 79 CJ5 with 4.0 swap
    :rofl::rofl:

Harleymick and TJ_abuser like this.
  11. Dec 23, 2016 at 3:45 AM
    jharris3

jharris3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
  12. Dec 29, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 Wrangler... Hulk
    Suspension: 3 1/2" Rubicon Express Super Flex SL, 1" BL, Brown Dog MML, D44/D30 with Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Teraflex belly up pan, Adams Drive Shafts, Currie heavy duty front end (inner and outer tie rods and draglink), Fox Racing 2.0 Performance Shocks with remote reservoir, 4.56 gears, ARB air lockers front and rear, ARB twin compressor, 37x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Mickey Thompson Classics Motor: K&N cone filter and Flowmaster Delta 40 Muffler Body: Stout Fabrication Body Armor (all 4 corners), steel flat fenders (enlarged inner aluminum fenders front and 4" flare rear), Quadratec LED Stealth headlights, Pro Comp light bar with 5 6" HID Lamps, Round LED brake and reverse lights, custom front and rear bumpers, custom tire carrier with Hi-Lift mount, rock sliders, CJ style dropdown tailgate, Warn 9.5 Ti Winch, Rigid Industries metal hood latches, Buggywhips LED light whip, Baja Designs Squadron Pro-R amber wide cornering lights, Interior: Corbeau Baja Racing Seats front and rear with 4 point harnesses. Full custom roll cage, LED dome lights, CB radio, ApolloIntech switch system Audio: 2 10" JL W3v2's in a custom bedlined (waterproof) box, Kenwood 600w amp, 2 Kicker 6.5" marine speakers in waterproof SSV Works cans for rear speakers, 2 4x6 Pioneer front speakers, Axios 400w mini 4 channel amp, JL 500w mono amp, Kenwood head unit
    Yesterday, I prepped my TJ to sand and paint my roll cage... removed the off-road lights and folded down the windshield, took off the bikini top, disassembled the dash, removed the seat belts etc.

Today, I went from a rusty roll cage to a rust-free roll cage (almost, still some details to clean up). Took about 12 man hours using an angle grinder, electric drill with wire wheel, and sand paper. Luckily, I had some help from my gf, my brother (RC Jeep on the forum), and beer. Tomorrow, it gets painted and then I put the whole Lego set back together.

IMG_0067.jpg

Lorado, DustStorm4x4 and Bob[OP] like this.
  13. Sep 25, 2017 at 11:17 AM
    goinginjeep

goinginjeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    Doors off mirrors on!
    I have been looking for a long time for a way to have nicer mirrors that the standard that everyone uses.

This is a test set of mirrors that I got off of Amazon, $13.

But now I keep my eyes out for a really cool set. The mounts work perfect on my Grabars!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DustStorm4x4, aggrex and JKBob 25 like this.
  14. Sep 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Very cool idea dude. Very cool.
    Reminds me of ape hanger mirrors on a bike. Just need to train your eyes to look up. Awesome idea dude. They look great.

15. Sep 25, 2017 at 7:10 PM
    goinginjeep

goinginjeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah I have driving and getting used to looking up. A tad weird, but this is the test...

JKBob 25[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Sep 25, 2017 at 7:20 PM
    JKBob 25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Been there....done that. Had a feeling you would have to. You'll get use to it dude. Test?? I like the look. Just one opinion. But hey....you drive the rig. It's up to you. I like it. It's sets you apart from other TJS. Make it your ride dude. :jeep:

17. Sep 25, 2017 at 7:37 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    I like the way it attaches to the Grabars. Can you swap left-side for right-side so its bent downward rather than upwards? The "cycle" style mirror has always been an inexpensive fix to comply with mirror laws either mounted in the top hinge hole when door-less or something like yours which complies with the mirror law just by being there.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  18. Sep 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    JKBob 25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    So after all that aggrex. I take it you like'em too.....lollll. . Noticed you didn't mention that. :cool:. It's all good. We all have an off night. Maybe that little puddle water logged you. Lolll. Still....all good. You quenched your Jeeps thirst. Lollll.

Back on thread this week????

aggrex likes this.
  19. Nov 11, 2017 at 3:35 PM
    LYFZGOOD

LYFZGOOD members

Member:
    Wv
    Vehicle:
    1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    2.5” lift 32x11.50x15,cold air intake, Smittybuilt stainless steel Bumpers, rough county pocket flares,Rugged ridge seat covers and floor mats. Conversion LED headlights 20’ LED Light bar hardtop,soft top,bikini top.
  20. Nov 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM
    LYFZGOOD

LYFZGOOD members

Member:
    Wv
    Vehicle:
    1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    2.5” lift 32x11.50x15,cold air intake, Smittybuilt stainless steel Bumpers, rough county pocket flares,Rugged ridge seat covers and floor mats. Conversion LED headlights 20’ LED Light bar hardtop,soft top,bikini top.
    This is what I did this afternoon added my new light bar. I’m not crazy about the guys you see driving on the highway with them on, i don’t think that’s cool but I do like the way it looks.

JKBob 25 and chris4x4 like this.
To Top