1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'CJ' started by Thomas85, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Feb 12, 2022 at 3:14 PM
    Thomas85

Thomas85 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    85 CJ7 with Chevy 350
    Chevy 350
    I got a 85 CJ7 with a SB Chevy 350. Need some advice on a wiring harness that would work with this set up. Any suggestions or part numbers, manufacturers, etc. thanks in advance.

2. Feb 12, 2022 at 11:41 PM
    Groundfault

Groundfault Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    87 Wrangler, kind of...
    5.7 V8 with Whipple Supercharger, TH350 w/B&M Shifter, NP205 TC, Dana 60 front 4.56, GM 14 bolt 10.5 rear 4.56, 4 wheel discs, Bilstein shocks, 6" lift on 37's, Autometer gauges, all led lighting and a few other things.
    Painless 10150 harness is pretty complete, but also pretty expensive. Is the 350 Carb or FI? Painless harness isn't engine specific and doesn't have the FI or ecm wiring. I have a '95 TBI 5.7. The wiring harness consists of stock YJ, ecm and harness from the Chevy 1 ton donor and additional wire that I've added for stuff like the Accel coil, check engine light and Autometer gauges. I also ran a new tach wire to HID and replace the stock tach with Autometer. Seemed a lot easier than trying to get a 6 cyl tach to work with the V&. Most of the factory harness can be shortened or lengthened to work.

aggrex likes this.
  3. Feb 13, 2022 at 12:31 AM
    Thomas85

Thomas85 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    85 CJ7 with Chevy 350
    Chevy 350
    I really appreciate it. Yeah it’s carb. I’m nowhere near a gear head or even wiring guru. My buddy and I said how hard could it be so I said, lemme get a second opinion. Everything seems expensive on this ole girl, but she’s worth it. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

To Top