1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WIW? '71 Dana 44

Discussion in 'General Jeep Discussion' started by rustybolts, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Jul 10, 2019 at 4:11 PM
    rustybolts

rustybolts [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a Dana 44 rear out of a '71 Jeepster Commando. I've heard that the one piece shaft '70 1/2-'71 rears are the "unicorn" and getting harder and harder to find. What is this worth?

2. Jul 10, 2019 at 7:20 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @rustybolts .... the axle might be a "unicorn" but it's nearly 50 yr old and will probably need to be rebuilt and modified to be used. Might have value to a collector..... present the question to a shop that specializes in axle repair?

JKBob 25 likes this.
  3. Jul 10, 2019 at 7:29 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Honestly....I was kinda up in the air on this thread. Goggle it....what it worth that is.
    You looking to make a few bucks on a rare find. Or join an awesome forum?? My first thought....a dine and dasher. I've been known to speak my mind. Not stoppin now.

My feelings the same. A collector. Or some one looking to do a total resto jeep.

aggrex likes this.
  4. Jul 10, 2019 at 8:41 PM
    rustybolts

Member:
    New here, not new to Jeeps. I've had 9 of them over the last 30 years. This axle is in one of my parts cars, someone is asking about it and I don't want to shortchange myself. Sometimes we have to be practical right?

Btw a cold shoulder will probably make newbies less likely to come back. Just sayin..

JKBob 25 likes this.
  5. Jul 11, 2019 at 7:06 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Wasn't given you a cold shoulder. If your referring to my post. We have an awesome forum here. And a bunch of...ummm...so called past memers have signed up for some quick advice. Never to be seen again. Their loss.
    But back to your thread. As far as short changing yourself. You gonna use It? How much did it cost ya....your parts jeep I mean? Have you gotten your money back? My point. If I have some thing, a part, whatever. If I can help another Jeep friend. I don't look at it as a profit maker. I made a friend, or helped one. And I can mention several members here I did just that. I could. But I won't. Won't serve any purpose as far as I'm concerned.
    Hang out @rustybolts . No doubt if you've been around Jeeps for 30 plus years. You'll be a contributing member of this forum as well. And we'd be bustin your balls as well. :confused:. Gotta poke ya:boink:.
    Welcome to the forum. Hope ya hang around. :jeepwave:

aggrex likes this.
  6. Jul 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM
    rustybolts

Member:
    Thanks for the love Bob, I appreciate it. Not so much about making profit, just looking for fair value since whatever I sell it for is going into restoring my other Jeep. If it was just for a buddy I would give it away or swap it for something else... I've bought and sold axles for other vehicles (Chevy, Mopar) from $150 to $500 over the years, just not sure what this one is worth. Seems pretty rare since it's supposedly one-year only. Has anyone else bought or sold one of these?

JKBob 25 likes this.
To Top