1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'15 wet floor

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by sd40t2, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Mar 25, 2017 at 4:03 PM
    sd40t2

sd40t2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 JK Wrangler
    BOSS HTX snowplow
    I have been noticing my drivers floor has been wet, it is a '15 hard top with less than 9k on the clock anybody else having the problem

2. Mar 25, 2017 at 5:54 PM
    AceMan

AceMan Active Member

Member:
    Georgia Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2010 wrangler unlimited
    Had my 2010 JK in the dealership 7-8 times trying to fix- they couldn't. After warranty I just learned to live with it. I keep a wooden wedge under the drivers seat to prop up the carpet after rainfall so it can dry out. Love my jeep. It just doesn't bother me anymore like it used to.
    AceMan

3. Mar 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM
    Jeeptrail

Jeeptrail Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Hubbardston MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Wrangler JK Rubicon, white
    Many of us have had or continue to have leaks at doors, also through the hardtop panels. All can be fixed. You are not alone with this leak. Door seal leak has been fixed by: repositioning the doors to fit tighter against the seal; adding various types of weatherstripping to the door seal; putting a flexible tubing inside the door seal to make it more rigid; silicone sealing some areas. Your leak could also be from a plastic plug, on the inside sheet metal structure frontwards of doors, on driver and passenger sides under dash, about 10 inches up the side wall under the dash.

4. Mar 26, 2017 at 4:55 AM
    sd40t2

sd40t2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 JK Wrangler
    BOSS HTX snowplow
    thanks for the replies will look into it more, it's just annoying and kind of p$%*&# me off on a new vechicle. I thought I might be dragging snow in but have weathertech floor panels and was wondering what I was missing as I didn't notice wet floor until this winter

5. Mar 26, 2017 at 7:45 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    It's annoying and feel your pain. Move or remove the front carpet and have someone with a spray hose simulate a light-to-medum rain shower in the affected areas while you watch for leaks from the inside. Spraying at body seams or gaps at full blast is probably not going to simulate the typical rain shower. If you are fortunate to find the entry point(s) you can choose to add additional self-sticking flexible weather stripping / seals from home centers or make adjustments. My JK has been dry but I will "test" it one day in a brushless car wash to look for potential entry points. When the weather warms up I will condition all the door / freedom top seals to keep them soft and prevent dry rot.

6. Mar 27, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    Jeeptrail

Jeeptrail Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Hubbardston MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Wrangler JK Rubicon, white
    Use silicone based grease, no petroleum bases. I read good reviews about Shin-Etsu Silicone grease, and bought a tube through Amazon. The grease is a Honda part, #08798-9013. Haven't treated the seals yet, but will when the weather warms up in May.

7. Mar 29, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    This is the price we pay for driving a convertible with removable doors.

Good luck with it.

8. Jun 17, 2017 at 10:30 PM
    jeepster2

jeepster2 Member

Member:
    Do you know there are large plastic drain plugs under the floor covering that can be removed at least the water cant puddle up.

Products Discussed in

To Top