1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 Grand Cherokee Larado electrical problem

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by JLClark, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Apr 23, 2017 at 3:25 PM
    JLClark

JLClark [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2005 Grand Cherokee Ladro
    Hi all, I have two problems,
    1. My remote key entry works sporadically, battery is OK. Can find no pattern.
    2. Also, when I start car, and after several moments, I some time get a 'click, click, click' for 20 to 40 seconds and then it quits. The 'Click, Click' come from behind the radio, under the dashboard nd sound like some one is hitting the underside of the dash with a little hammer.
    I am new to this site and don't know if I I am doing this right.

Any thoughts,
    JLClark
    user_online_79ebbc3c64b93008a8309a4decf577de000fb2a1.gif report_7e8c89ec4d2969c101347df6a5254b433abe94ef.gif

2. May 19, 2017 at 9:02 PM
    cjsdad

cjsdad Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dailey
    albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    1998 Cherokee Laredo
    No mods yet...
    Not sure about the remote, if it is the factory or dealer installed it is made by Code Alarm. If you can find the module try looking for a loose plug or ground wire. You may be able to get a wiring diagram for more troubleshooting.

The clicking inside your dash sounds like an electric mode-door controller that has gone bad. It will have plastic gears inside the controller that break as they age. They cannot be repaired, they must be replaced. I have replaced them on both Expeditions I have owned in the past and they are not expensive but can be a PITA to get to and replace.

To Top