1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 GC Laredo Remote Start

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Tcats_Tj, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Aug 29, 2019 at 4:33 PM
    Tcats_Tj

Tcats_Tj [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi All!
    Newbie here on this site...

I recently purchased a 2007 Wk Laredo. The keys had an extra 1 button fob that is a remote start. They stated when I purchased it that it did not work. After awhile I’d thought I’d try tinkering with it to see if I can get it to work. I opened up the dash under the steering wheel and found the Mopar remote module. It appears to not be a factory install.

I was able to find and download the manual and verify most of the connections, but in the manual it has two wiring harness connections into the remote module but this one has three plugged in and I can’t figure out what the last harness is for.

The problem I’m having is that when I press the fob button twice the horn and lights chirp twice but the engine does not start. In the troubleshooting manual it states that this could be a sign of a bad hood switch. I located the switch and traced back the wire to the module. But the hood switch wire terminates to the 3rd unknown harness instead of the middle harness as designated in the manual.

Uncle Google doesn’t seem to have any answers for me and I’m a bit perplexed as to what this could be. I attached a picture of the module and the three harness connections.
    Any guidance, tips, hints, thoughts, clues, bread crumbs would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks All!!

Mopar_Remote_Start.jpg

2. Aug 29, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Welcome to the forum @Tcats_Tj .
    Im sorry. I can't help with your issue here. But based on your pic. It looks as though there is an electricians tape repair there. I highly doubt thats a factory install. Actually....looks like 2 tape jobs. It you didn't do it. It's possible the previous owner spliced in some sort of accessory or a DIY repair. Maybe the cause of your issues. Just my guess.
    Anyone else have an ideas??

3. Sep 7, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    Tcats_Tj

Tcats_Tj [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks all for reading,
    @JKBob 25 , You were right.
    There was a bad splice job that the ground wiggled loose from...
    Took a bit, but it's working now.

Drive safe!

To Top